Saturday, May 10, 2008

Uggghhhh... Monday

Yeah, so today is my Monday and I don't really feel like going to work. Ha ha. It'll be an easy day but still. I'd rather sleep in later and do nothing all day. Ha ha. Anywho, I thought I'd put up a quick post before I head off to work.

I saw Iron Man last night. Now, when I first heard that they were going to make this movie I really didn't care because I didn't know too much about the comic. So, I really wasn't looking forward to it. And I didn't really care for it when I saw the teaser. But, when I saw the last trailer I was in, ha ha. So, last night I went it saw it with some friends and it was really good. Now, what makes this pretty cool is that they're going to make it into a really big franchise and have cross series because Robert Downey, Jr. is going to be in the Hulk movie for a small cameo because the Hulk & Iron Man were both part of a super hero group called the Avengers. Also, if you haven't seen the movie yet, you need to stay for after the credits.

Now, the last quick thing is SI came out with the top 5 teams to hate. Now, I completely disagree with the last two. They had Ohio State at 4 and Chelsea at 5. Now, if I'm going to hate one English soccer team then it's got to be Manchester United. People don't call them the English Yankees for nothing. And you know, the only people who really hate Ohio State are either fans of a Big Ten team or me. Ha ha. I would have put Notre Dame at 4 and Man U at 5. Or maybe the Cowboys. Well, I decided to do my top 5 teams that I hate. Honestly, I could probably do a top 15, but I'm going to make it quick. Here's my list:
1. Uconn Basketball(both Men & Women)
2. New England Patriots
3. Boston Red Sox
4. New York Yankees
5. Michigan Football.
This is my list, what about yours?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

1. New York Yankees
2. Atlanta Braves
3. Duke Basketball
4. Dallas Cowboys
5. Tennessee Lady Vols

Unknown said...

1. New York Yankees
2. Duke Blue Devils (basketball)
3. New England Patriots
(this is a big gap)
4. Texas Longhorns
4. Oklahoma Sooners

There is a universal hate across the nation for teams 1-3. There is no other team in sports that is universally hated besides these three. People may want some other teams to not win, but there is no widely held "hatred" for your Cowboys, Lady Vols, Lakers, Notre Dame, etc.

So, I went with 2 teams tied for #4 that are EXTREMELY hated by each other. We're talking "murder someone" hated. Yeah, you could put Ohio State/Michigan or Broncos/Raiders, but I've been to Oklahoma during a Texas game and it was insane.

Unknown said...

I don't think the Patriots were as widely hated until recently. The whole "spygate" thing definitely tarnished their whole reputation. I suppose they were already starting to be hated by a lot of people because of their recent success in the past 5 or so years.

Anyways, no one hates Notre Dame. I think everyone feels bad for them now based on how terrible they were last season. And after what happened to Brady Quinn at the draft. They're almost the lovable losers now.

Roger Kuhrt said...

Actually Jim, you're wrong, ha ha. You need to come out here and then you'll know how hated Notre Dame is. If you're not a fan of them you hate them because of who they are. It's not that bad out in CT because college football isn't as big. But I do agree with you about the Pats, how people didn't really hate them until they started winning and then spygate didn't help. And them pounding on every single team in the beginning didn't help either. I wish we could get someone's opinion on this who's not from the U.S. just to see who the rest of the world hates.

Unknown said...

Yeah Roger you may need to hire a Foreign Correspondent for your blog, it would be worth it

Unknown said...

Really Roger, Uconn basketball is the team you hate the most?

1. Red Sox
2. Patriots
3. Carolina Hurricanes
4. Any team with Kobe on it
5. Any college basketball team that does not have to travel further than 30 miles from their campus to play the first four rounds of the NCAA tournament.