Friday, May 2, 2008

Quick Post

So, I was going to save today to do a review of another movie and then put down my thoughts on something else, but I'm going to save that for tommorrow. Instead, some breaking news was announced that Marvin Harrison was involved in a gun fight inwhich he "might" have shot a gun at someone and hit that person in the hand. Now, I don't know about you, but I'm REALLY surprised that Marvin Harrison was named in something like this. This is probably about the last thing I would think that he would ever be involved in. It looks like he owns 25 guns and this gun was specifically made for him and is a .50 caliber pistol. Jeez, I'm not a gun expert in anyway but that's a lot of firepower for a pistol. Then apparently the gun was hidden at his car wash which was located around the corner from where the incident was and when police came to interview him about it, it seems that maybe Harrison lied and said that the gun never left his house. Well, one of his relatives showed up and asked if the police were there about the gun and they found it in a water bucket. Hmmm.... fishy a little bit? Now, I was watching espn and they asked the guy who was reporting about it if the police dusted it for fingerprints. Now, I'm not a csi expert or anything but I'm pretty sure that if the gun was at his car WASH and was in a bucket that there's no way there would be any finger prints. Now, if there were finger prints on it, then Marvin didn't learn anything from his education from Syracuse or his lawyer told him to leave it on there because he owns the gun and of course his fingerprints were on it. Does anyone know if there's a test to tell when the fingerprints were put on an object? I don't think so, but that would be pretty cool. Now, because of this incident, do you guys think that this will ruin his reputation as a good guy wide receiver? Do we now forget what he did before and just focus on this incident or do we remember him as one of the best wide receivers we've known in recent years?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hadn't heard anything about this story, nor have I seen anything about it since I've read your post. I like Marvin a lot, he's definitely one of the best WR's in the game. And he's one of the few who just shuts up and does his job, which is what I like most about him. If he likes guns and shot someone, so be it. It happens.

If Willie doesn't get the Mets bullpen in order, I'm going to fire him myself.

Roger, what do you think of my trade offer?

Roger Kuhrt said...

Are you just joking with me or did you just not watch sportscenter on friday or saturday? Oh well.

Yeah, Willie needs to do something. Duaner has pitched all right expect for the last game so I'm happy with him. At least we won today, even though the bullpen blew the save. Billy's been really good except for the one game, so we'll see what happens.

I didn't really understand your trade. You only have 2 closers, why would you trade your best one? Your other closer won't be a closer much longer. I just can't give up vazquez b/c of the strikeouts. You'd have to come up with something killer for me to trade j.v.

Roger Kuhrt said...

Also, here's a link to an article that talks about the incident, but that right now it's on the backburner because of a missing suspect in the case of a cop that was killed in Philly. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3382026

Anonymous said...

I was shocked to hear about this. I have never heard peep about Marvin Harrison off the field, good or bad. He seemed to be a good, upstanding guy. Of course he still has yet to be charged for anything, but he has admitted to fighting with this guy, and the arsenal is a bit alarming.

BTW, as things have progressed a bit here, do you all still think Cashman is under more pressure than Willie? Hank is not like Daddy. He's all talk, no action. George in his prime typically backed up his talk with OVER-reaction. Of course, time will tell. Rasner looked sharp yesterday, and Mussina seems to have found a way to make that 85mph fastball work.

Willie is silent while Billy Wagner is on the Michael Kay show going on and on about how Oliver Perez has no heart. He's trying so hard to be Joe Torre, but Torre never had a team like this. Torre's yankee teams were always stocked with veterans who lead by example, and called any slackers to task. Torre never had to be the fiery guy, because his players ploiced themselves. The Mets have no one like that. The closest thing they have is David Wright, and I doubt he would be comfortable calling out guys like Delgado and Beltran, who don't seem to care about anyone but themselves. Alou could help, but he has to be healthy. Bottom line, Willie needs to start throwing his weight around if he wants to keep his job. Of course, taking this series off of the D'Backs is a step in the right direction. Thoughts?