Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Cincy

So, I got home a little while ago from Cincinnati. I was down there today because I went to the Reds-Cubs game. This was the second game that I've been to there and both had something special happen. The first game I saw was Pedro's first game last season. Also, Aaron Harang pitched so it was nice to see two aces pitch. The Mets ended up pounding on the Reds so it was definately a great game. Well, today I saw something I've never seen before at a game. In the second inning the Reds hit 4 home runs in the inning and it was nice to sit by Cubs fans during this, ha ha. Also the Reds ended up hitting 7 home runs in the game and Joey Votto hit 3. I've never seen that many home runs in a game and the most I've seen one person hit was 2. The Reds ended up pounding on the Cubs 9-0. Volquez pitched for the Reds and he had a so-so game. He did strike out 10 guys and didn't give up a run in 7 innings. I think his ERA now is like 1.07. But, he also walked 6 batters, but only gave up 4 hits. I'm hoping to make it back for when the Mets are in cincy the first series after the All Star break.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What is that ballpark like?

I know it is a new ballpark, but I never hear it mentioned with all the other really nice new ballparks like Camden, Petco, etc.

Roger Kuhrt said...

Well, it's the only new ball park I've been to. It's pretty nice. What I really like about it is that it's really open and easy to get to your seat. Of course, I've only sat in field box seats, but oh well. Also, there are a LOT of food places throughout it. I think they call it the Great American Ball Park. When someone on the Reds hits a home run they actually shoot off fireworks, which happened a lot on Wednesday, ha ha. It took me by surprise the first time. Also one funny note was that one of the mascots fell off their 4 wheeler before the game started. I laughed.

Unknown said...

Yeah that's not a bad game to go to. Next time you go, get me Griffey's autograph. He's one of my favorite players. Just do it. Maybe if you're lucky, me and some of the guys will come out and visit you. Then we can all go to a game there or something. Probably wouldn't be until next year though.

Roger Kuhrt said...

Hmmmmmmmm, maybe next year we could see a Mets-Reds game?