Friday, May 23, 2008

Friday

Yeah, it's Friday. Things aren't looking too well right now in the Mets camp. I'd like to point out all the mistakes that Omar made but I just don't have it in me. So, too make myself feel better I'm going to watch the super bowl again. Ahhhhh, that'll make me feel better. I also like that more and more information is coming out about how the Patriots were cheating. Nothing better than the tarnishing of the evil hated enemy. He he. I've decided that next Monday I'm going to do something a little different. See, one of my favorite shows of all time is 24. I've got the first 4 seasons on dvd and last night I decided that what I'm going to do is rewatch one of the seasons, probably #1 and do a write up about each episode. So, that'll give me 24 posts at least for next month. Now, I'm also going to write other stuff during those posts but I've always wanted to do something like this so there we go. It'll be an all time record for posts in a month for me. My plan is to watch at least one episode each day. On some days there will be more so hopefully I'll have all of it done by June 24th or earlier! This month I'm going to continue with my top video games for each platform that I've own(ed). Of course that means just two more left plus I think I might do one for computer games even though I've owned all of 7 video games. Then I'll put up my top 20 video games for all platforms. Also, if any of you would like to put up a guest post feel free to. You can email me it (most of you know my email address but just in case it's futureinmotion@yahoo.com) and what I'll do is put it up and probably write a forward or something like that. Lastly, Mike, what was wrong with Prince Caspian? I haven't seen it yet but it seemed pretty good. Well, just the previews. Sadly I haven't read that book yet even though I've meant to.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the guest post idea. It'll save me from my long winded comments...

Re: Prince Caspian, it was a good movie. But I didn't like a lot of the changes they made in the adaptation. They created a rivalry between Peter and Caspian, making Peter look like a bit of a douche, and made Caspian and Susan have a crush on each other. Aslan's portrayal was also weak. There's a scene in the book where aslan heals the nurse at the end which is so great, and the movie totally omits it. I liked that they turned Susan into Legolas with her bow and arrow, while in the book she doesn't really fight... Anyway, check out the link below. I felt weird about it when I left the theatre, and this guy really summed up my thoughts:

http://lookingcloser.wordpress.com/2008/05/17/the-looking-closer-review-prince-caspian/

Unknown said...

Roger, just an FYI, if you start bloggin about each episode of 24 (or any show for that matter) I may stop reading your blog until they're done. But maybe everyone else likes that. Who knows.

Unknown said...

I'm not a fan of 24, never seen it. I don't really watch any TV shows that have a week-to-week plot... I basically only watch sports, documentaries, and South Park.

Roger Kuhrt said...

Honestly I've never been into a drama tv show before until I started watching this show. It's absolutely awesome. I never really liked a show where you had to watch each episode each week but this show changed my mind. Of course I got into the show at the end of season 4 so it was easy for me to go and buy seasons 1-3 on dvd. Then when season 4 came out I bought that one. Don't worry Malone, they won't be huge write ups, just little ones and I'll put them at the bottom of the post so you can read the top part and be happy. so there, everyone's happy.

Unknown said...

Thanks Roger you really care about your loyal readers

Unknown said...

I agree, no one wants to hear you talk about 24. However, I would like you to talk about The Hills, Real World, Gossip Girl, and Deal or No Deal.