Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Playstation

Well, unpacking is soooo much fun. I couldn't unpack my stuff the past few days because of work so I unpacked a little today while the guy from TimeWarner reinstalled my cable/internet. Now I'm watching the Man U vs. Chelsea game. My questions is why are two English clubs playing in Russia? Anyone? Anyone? I'm worried about Ryan Church's injury. He had a mild concussion during Spring Training and I'm hoping this new one doesn't hurt him too much. We'll see. He's been amazing for the Mets this season so hopefully he'll be fine and be able to go back to his regular form. I was thinking of getting a Mets black Church jersey. I'll have to wait now. I like Oliver Perez but he is incrediblely frustrating. He's got nasty, nasty stuff but he can get distracted and then he's nothing. Like Kevin Costner said in Bull Durham, "Million dollar arm, ten cent head." I think that describes him perfectly.

So, here is my list of my favorite PS games. Now, I never had a gamecube but I, just like everyone else, loved Goldeneye. If I could do a list of my favorite games from this period, I would rank Goldeneye #2. But, I'm not. Ha ha.

#1. Final Fantasy 7 - Honestly, this could be my favorite game of all time. And I'm not kidding. I've never really gotten into a RPG before and this was my first introduction to it. And what a game it was. It had a great story behind it and the action was good. The graphics were amazing also. It was the first time that I saw what programmers could do with the playstation. It was unlike anything I had ever seen before. Also, the side stories were great. There were extra things that you could do, like raise Chocobos and then race them for prizes. There were miny games that were just a lot of fun. I remember really enjoying the snowboarding minigame and how much fun it was. And the best part was you had a flying ship to take you around to different areas. I think this is the best overall game in the FF series.

#2. Resident Evil - The first three games in this series were all really good but the first one was the best of the three. It was the first game that I played that actually scared me. I can remember playing the game at night with the lights out and no one home and getting to the scene were the dogs first came out and I nearly soiled myself. It was just great. The whole everyone turns into a zombie because some evil corporation was playing around with human genetics story line was great. It was cool also to choose if you wanted to play the game as a boy or a girl. And then they made some good movies, ha ha.

#3. Tony Hawk Pro Skater - I'm not sure which one I liked better, #1 or #2 but the games were just awesome. I skated a little bit and I was never any good so it was cool to be able to play a game where I could skate as one of my favorite skaters. I can't remember which one had it but you could also skate as spiderman. That was a lot of fun. Going around and doing different tricks was a lot of fun and learning new ones was great. I think my favorite part was skating against someone else. Sadly I haven't played any of the games after #2. Oh well.

#4. Twisted Metal - Now this game was fun. You got to choose which car you wanted to go around and blow up other stuff. And throughout the levels there were different bonuses for you to get to help you along the way. This game also had a great multiplayer game. I think I ended up getting the second game but I didn't get anymore after that.

#5. Driver - I was introduced to this game by my friend Leif up at my cabin one winter. The local grocery store had this game for rent and he had rented it before I was up there for Christmas break. This was the game to rival GTA and at the time this game was 100 times better than GTA. That's because at this point GTA had the sky view and it was annoying. Now driver's pov was the third person(just like how GTA is now). In this game you played the driver for some mod hitman and you drove around and helped him kill people(or at least this is what I remember. After all, it was 10 years ago that I played it). It was just a lot of fun to drive around and do whatever you wanted. I also remember that it seemed like the first time that you could go into a room and do whatever you wanted like break stuff and it actually broke, like windows and doors. It was just a great all around game. Too bad it took them forever to come out with a second one, if they did at all. I still believe that Driver could have become the game everyone remembers instead of GTA if the makers had come out with more games. Oh well, GTA fixed what sucked about their game and now it's awesome. Ha ha.

Honorable Mentions: Demolition Derby, Syphon Filter, Gran Turismo(I think it was out by now), Resident Evil 2, NHL Hockey(any of them).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Three words: Final Fantasy Tactics.

(My favorite videogame of all time)

Anonymous said...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3407930

I just can't let it go. I'm going to be proven right. Anyone out there still think Willie's under less pressure than Brian Cashman?

Roger Kuhrt said...

Rob, I liked Final Fantasy Tactics but I still think 7 is better. Have you ever had a video game almost make you cry? I remember one lunch at ticket network(before you were there rob, at the old building) where Jonah and this one engineer chris had a conversation about when Ariel died in 7 and how shocking it was and how we were sad. Yes, we all ended up passing around a box of tissues and then Chris emailed us that had the video of her death. I wish I still had that link.

Mike, we'll see what happens at the end of the season. I think while you guys are still in last place and we're only in 4th place Willie is under less pressure. Plus, we're only like 3 games out in the loss column or something like that. I think its better that we're struggling now so that the games later on will mean more. Of course getting swept by Atlanta didn't help at all.

Lastly, Malone look at my trade and accept it. You know you want to.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps being in the new york area and not in the sticks gives me access to more info, but all anyone is talking about around here is that if the Mets get swept by the Rockies, Willie is done. Jeff Wilpon, who used to speak with Willie on a weekly basis, will not return his calls. They are pissed, and if they don't start winning, he's done. I get no sense of that with Brian Cashman. Especially with recent comments about Santana. They say his delivery has changed and his velocity is down. Meanwhile, Ian Kennedy pitched great last night, and Joba is beginning to make the planned transistion to starting. The only teams in the AL that are making much of a splash right now are the Red Sox and the Angels. Everyone else is hovering around mediocrity, so there's plenty of opportunity for the Yankees. I think if you say Willie is under less pressure, you're just ignoring facts.