Friday, January 30, 2009

Super Bowl Stuff

Yeah, so I lied and I'm a little late on this but hey, better late than never, right? Just a couple things real quick before some super bowl stuff. Well, I have another interview for Monday. I don't know too much about this company but they pay more and I'd love to get out of Dish. Actually, I just don't want to do the tech stuff anymore, ha ha. I'm actually applying to another position at Dish that would get me off the phones too and if I get that I think I'll stay. But only time will tell. If the interview goes well and I take the job I'm going to tell them I need 2 weeks(partially because I'm going to the US-Mexico game on Feb 11th and a friend's coming into town and I took that day and the day after off) so that I'll have some time to interview to see if I can get that job. We'll see what happens.

I'm thinking that Torre's burned his bridges with the Yankees now. I don't understand the move, it really makes no sense unless he's really really pissed off. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the future but I don't think he'll be invited back to Yankee stadium after he retires. Well, it may take him a long, long time.

Now, onto Super stuff. I think the Cardinals are going to win and in fact this is a completely biased opinion because I really really hate the Steelers. They're in the top 5 teams I hate in the NFL(really quickly, #1. Patriots, #2. Cowboys, #3. Eagles, #4. Steelers, #5. Redskins). But, I also like the Cardinals offense and I think it'll give the Steelers a lot of problems. It really doesn't matter if the Steelers can stop the run with the Cardinals because they're a pass first team. I think Larry Fitzgerald is going to have a HUGE game like he's done all postseason long and the Cardinals will use him and Warner all day long. Plus, I think people underrate the Cardinals Defense. It's really not that bad in a warm weather environment, which alas, they are. I think they'll shut down the Steelers offense and will pull away in the end. I think they win 24-6 with either Fitzgerald or Warner winning MVP.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I would think the Steelers main focus will be on Fitzgerald. He should be double-teamed all game, and if he's not I'll be shocked. I think Boldin or someone else on the Cardinals will need to have a big game if they have a chance at winning.

I'm going to go with a bold pick for MVP. I think it's going to be Willie Parker. No one is talking about him and he's due for a big one. The Cardinals do have good run defense so we'll see how well he actually does.

Unknown said...

That's an interesting and unusual prediction Roger, you'll either be telling all of us or we'll be telling you "told you so" because me, Malone, Koho, and Perrotti all have Pitt winning by at least 7 points.

We're also doing about 48 various prop bets.

I think the Steelers defense is going to make Kurt Warner look bad, and I think Poloamau will be the ringleader of this effort and will get the MVP.

Unknown said...

Oliver Perez = Championship


And I was right about the Steelers from the beginning of the playoffs while you pansies didn't even pick a team. It would have been nice to see the Giants play them though. The game was pretty exciting, but the refs almost ruined. There were a lot of bad calls. Last years SB was still better.