Monday, January 5, 2009

One ugly day

Well, fun stuff that we all went 2-2. Sorry Malone, I'm only picking it one week at a time. I'll post my picks in a minute but I'd just like to bitch for a minute or two about my day, ha ha. Well, I guess it all started last night. I was driving home and I got pulled over by a cop. I wasn't speeding, I had my lights on, I had stopped at the stop light so I was confused about why I was being pulled over? Well, it appears that I had failed to pay my registration. Fun stuff. I totally thought I paid it and I remember going to the website to pay it but I guess I didn't. Soooo, I called out of work today, which I really didn't mind doing because we have manditory overtime, which blows. Well, the morning wasn't too bad. I went to the dmv and was out of there paid up and everything within 5 minutes(you know, people talk bad about the dmv and how long it takes to be there but that's never happened to me, ever. I've probably just jinxed myself but I've never had a horrible experience going there). So, I decided to go get my oil change and get my tires rotated. Well, I found out that the bolts on my wheels will probably all need to be replaced soon, so that was fun. So, I left from there and went home. As soon as I opened my door I could hear a hissing noise and there you go, a flat tire. So, I had to take all the crap out of my trunk, put on the spare and then drive and get it replaced. 1 hour later I was all set. What a fun day. I should have just stayed in bed.

So anywho, onto the picks.

AFC Game 1: Batlimore - Tennesse
This is going to be an interesting game. I'm really not convinced one team has a leg up in this game. Both teams have a good defense and very iffy offenses. I have to give the advantage on offense to the Titans because their running game is better and they have a veteran qb. The Jets don't have a great d so Shane Falco, I mean Joe Flacco had an easy game. I think he'll wilt under the pressure of the Titans d and they'll use that to their advantage. I think eventually the Titans offense will wear down the Ravens D and they'll be able to control the game. Final Score: Titans 24 - Ravens 6

AFC Game 2: San Diego - Pittsburgh
No team has been hotter than San Diego at the end of the season. They're just on fire. Does anyone remember when they were 4-8? I don't think so. But, there's one way to cool down a hot team from the nice, warm West Coast and that is to bring them to the East where it's going to be cold. And probably really really cold. I just think that the Steelers defense will be too much for the Chargers to handle and it'll be too cold out for them(i.e. Patriots game last season). I think this game will be interesting through most of the game but the Steelers will pull away and win handily. As much as I hate the Steelers and think Big Ben is overrated, I just think their D is too good for the Chargers. Steelers 31 - Chargers 17

NFC Game 1: Arizona - Carolina
I think this will be the highest scoring game of the post season. Both teams have offenses that can go. Arizona has a great passing game and an okay running game and Carolina has a great running game but an okay passing game. Carolina has a great d but the Giants showed that they can be beaten. I think this game will come down to who has the ball last. I think, because they're playing in a warmer area than if they were playing in NY, this will give the Cardinals what they need to pull it off. I think Kurt Warner has a huge game and the Cardinals take it. Cardinals 38 - Panthers 31

NFC Game 2: Philly - New York(N)
I'll tell you this, I was glad the Eagles won. I really was. I wanted this game really badly because there is no better way to say goodbye to Giants stadium than beating the Eagles. I think this game will be close, like all of their games are but with Brandon Jacobs back it gives the Giants all they need to take this game. I think Eli will have a good game and the running game will control the play. I think McNabb struggles and eventually implodes which leads to a good Giants win. The Eagles haven't given up a lot of points lately but that will change in this game. Giants 31 - Eagles 17

Malone, I don't know if I would like the Andruw Jones coming to NY. I read a report that Jones is in winter ball and looks worse than he did in the regular season. I think he actually ate himself out of the league. Apparently he's still striking out too much and is too much of a liability. The Mets won't have to pay a lot if they get him so it wouldn't be tooooooooo bad, but I'd still rather they didn't. I don't think he can turn it around, but of course, I could be wrong. Only time will tell what happens.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Come on, grow a sack and pick the rest of the playoffs.

I didn't post my scores for the 2nd round so I will now (along with the other picks I had already made since they are all still intact):

Titans over Ravens 27-3
Steelers over Chargers 17-14
Panthers over Cardinals 45-24
Giants over Eagles 24-20

Semi's:
Steelers over Titans 17-10
Giants over Carolina 35-24

Superbowl:
Steelers over Giants 21-17

I kind of feel like making a bet with someone regarding Andruw Jones. I'd be willing to bet that if he starts the 2009 season with a major league team that he will finish the season with at least a .250 average and 25 HR's. Any taker and at what price?

Unknown said...

Malone you owe me $35.

Unknown said...

I have $5 now, Licata has the other $30.

Roger, Rob and Perrotti, do you still want to do the keeper league next year? I get the feeling it will be tough to continue with Licata and his friends.

KOHO said...

Pay the man his money. He won fair and square.

Unknown said...

What are you his agent? I never said I am not going to pay him and I do not plan on screwing him out of the money. Have I ever screwed any one of you out of money that i owed you for as long as you've known me? I didn't think so. I am not that religion. Once I get the money from Licata, or find out that I will not get it from him, then I will give the money to Perrotti. Why should I pay him money that I don't have yet? If he really needs it to get through the week then he can come to me and I will gladly help him out. That's what friends are for.

Rob how's New York?

Unknown said...

Malone as the Commissioner, you are responsible for getting the money. You failed at this. You proceeded to pay the first place winner and then hose me. The juice is running.

While I'm here, I might as well do my picks.

Ravens over Titans 14-13
Steelers over Chargers 17-13
Panthers over Cardinals 35-21
Giants over Eagles 28-14

Andruw Jones stinks. Roger stinks. The keeper league is a sinking ship. If we can't do it, we should at least do a regular league. Also is the HR league coming back? Roger can't getting lucky twice.

Ny?

Unknown said...

I have not failed at getting the money. The next season has not come yet and I have not given up on it. I paid the winner because first of all, he was the winner, second of all I had all of his money. I don't see how I "hosed" you though Perrotti? At any point since the end of the baseball season have you seriously needed that $35? If so I appologize for failing to see your hard financial times. Seeing as you're so strapped for cash though, I will mail out a check tomorrow and take on your debt.

I will not be commissioner anymore though as it is too hard to organize people all over the country and get the money from them, as seen from this past year. Plus people like Koho and Perrotti are becoming increasingly grumpy and un-flexible. So someone will have to step up and take over commissioner duties for the keeper league, home run league, and football league next year.

So everyone was scared of my Andruw Jones bet? Pansies.

KOHO said...

You should not allow someone in a league if they do not pay by the start of the league. You need to pay to play. It is not P-Rots responsiblity to get the money, thus he should be paid promptly and not left hanging. I think you need to make more honest friends. He should be paid interest on his money, since you clearly have the cash flow advantage by not paying him and holding on to his winnings.

Since you live so close a hand delievery mike make more sense. Save the stamp for your collection notice to Licata.

KOHO said...

I am just waiting for the comment on my spelling error from the english police.

Unknown said...

1. "so close a hand delievery mike make"... just terrible Koho. Proofread your work BEFORE submitting.

2. How am I benefiting from the cash flow by not giving Perrotti the money that I DON'T HAVE? Am I somehow collecting interest on the money that I'm owed by Licata's friend? If so, then I am heading to the bank this morning to tell them that someone owes me 9 million dollars and that I'd like to start collecting interest on that right now.

3. This was a keeper baseball league... I couldn't exactly tell the guy that if he didn't pay he couldn't join the league... his team was already in it and we needed him to continue. Again, I'm no longer commissioner so feel free to step up.

4. Perrotti, next time tell me that you really want the money instead of complaining to Koho behind my back. Clearly you two have talked about this and Koho feels he needs to step in. Not sure why, but at least he's being a good friend.

5. The check is already in the mail. I even paid the $.42 cent stamp price and gave Perrotti a generous $.01 extra for interest. I don't want anymore complaining.

Have a lovely day at work gentlemen!