Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Wednesday Night

I don't think the Mets will go after Manny because we're worried about pitching. We definitely need to sign Perez. I read something on ESPN that the Mets have upped their offer but it won't be the 4 year $60 mil that D-Lowe got, and I think that's okay with me. I think he'll get something like 3 year $35 mil or 4 year $50 mil. But I could be wrong, ha ha. I also read that we're thinking of Ben Sheets as an alternate but we'll see. Maybe after the Mets have gotten the pitching under wraps they'll go after Manny but I don't think it'll be anytime soon. I think Manny might actually be signed by the end of the week.

I'm not sure who I think will win the Super Bowl yet. I'm leaning towards the Cardinals but I haven't made up my mind yet. Of course I'm completely biased and I really can't think that the Steelers will win. Don't worry I'll get some more Super Bowl stuff this week, before Friday so we can talk about it.

Well I got an email for a second interview for the dispatcher position but I decided not to do the second interview. It just didn't seem right and the benefits were bad so I didn't call them on Monday to set up a second interview. The funny thing is I got an email today saying that they were going with someone else. It made me laugh.

So, I feel bad for not saying anything about this yet but what does everyone think about Torre's book? Do you think he's stab the Yankees in the back for talking about things or do you think it's okay with what he's doing? I really have no problem with it and I don't think I'd find anything shocking with what he'll right. I don't think anyone's surprised about what he's written about A-rod. I think maybe later I'll read the book but it won't be anytime soon.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Today is tuesday Roger

Roger Kuhrt said...

Oh yeah, I can't get my days straight anymore. I need a vacation.

Unknown said...

I think the whole Torre fiasco is a media creation. It is nowhere near as big a deal as people are making it. I think it was bad timing on Torre's part to say such things (he's not the author though, but he still should have waited until he was retired), but regardless no one's feelings should really be hurt. Thanks to the media though, I think Torre's reputation is taking a big hit. A-Rod doesn't seem phased by it, and I doubt Cashman or anyone else will fire back. Anyone on the east coast should have already known A-Rod didn't fit in with the Yankees when he first got signed.

Roger, and anyone else who wants to, there is a free fantasy game on ESPN.com called "Super Pick'em". It's just 20 prop bets about the super bowl that you pick a guess for. Rob and I have signed up and I setup a private group. I think you should join so we can see who does best. The group name is "San Juan", and the password is "San Juan1".

Unknown said...

Torre's move is puzzling to me, I would be interested to find out whose idea (his, Verducci, or someone else) it was to write the book and how much (or how little) Torre tried to soften the book's attacks before it got printed.

You do need a vacation Roger - a vacation to Connecticut, hopefully before July since that's when I'm going overseas.

Malone what does San Juan mean?

Unknown said...

Roger will be in CT for the keeper league draft.

San Juan is the capital of Puerto Rico. It's also the name of a board game that is incredibly nerdy.

Anonymous said...

I'm just suprised Torre did it, especially at this point while he's still in the game. If he felt the need to do a book, I think he should have waited until he was out of the game for a few years. I don't think the Yankees will be having "Joe Torre Day" at the stadium any time soon. It just seems out of character for him to air dirty laundry, especially considering how he responded to David Wells when he did his book... I'm curious to see if #6 ends up in monument park now. I think it was a lock to happen before this, but not so much now.