Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Jeez

Okay okay, it's been a little while. Probably longer than I like, but whatever. We got the winter storm stuff going on here. It snowed today and we got 5" which makes it impossible to go anywhere since the plowing blows here. I think there's only like 4 maybe 5 plows for the whole city. And I don't think I'm exagerating. I also had a fun time leaving work today because, of course, they didn't shovel the sidewalk. So, as I was stepping off the sidewalk to our parking lot area I slipped and fell and I hit my head hard and banged my right shoulder harder. I've been taking meds since I came home but they're not really working. I'm thinking tomorrow is going to suck, ha ha. I can't wait, especially since it's suppose to be 5 degrees outside in the morning.

Has anyone seen the new Wendy's commercials about the 3conomics? I think they're pretty funny. I just saw a new one where two of the guys keep on saying Fact. It made me laugh.

Well, the Braves got D-Lowe, which stinks but is also okay because they forked out 4 years $60 mil. He's not a bad pitcher and would have been nice on the Mets staff, but he's also 36 years old and there's no way I'd want the Mets to sign him for 4 years. Just too long. I think I would have been happy with 2 years $20 mil. It's nice to see the Braves over pay for D-Lowe but don't even try to resign Smoltz. That was smart. I'm not sure who else is out there for the Mets to sign besides O-Perez. I wonder if they're confident in their young pitchers?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah it's hard to tell what the Mets are gonna do. I've heard that Oliver Perez and Randy Wolf are probably their main targets right now. I think we've already offered Perez 3 years/$30 million. That's kinda steep and it may take more to sign him, but I guess it's still not overspending like the Yankees do. There is also a chance they're looking at Ben Sheets now that his price may be dropping. That'd be sweet to get him for a good discount price, but he'll always be an injury concern. And who knows what Pedro is going to do. Other than that, it looks like the rotation will be Santana, Maine, Pelfrey, Niese, and Redding. Niese didn't impress me much last season but I guess he's been working really hard and wants the starting job, so we'll see.

Apparently we signed Alex Cora (or are about to). I guess he'll be a good utility guy, and he'll probably fill in for Reyes so he can actually take some days off. Plus if Castillo stinks, Cora can at least step in.

Unknown said...

I just want to point out that we called Roger tonight and he said that if he could do Rob, Perrotti, Koho, or me in the ass that he would pick Kohanski. That's just gay.

And the consensus is that if we had to take it in the ass, Perrotti would be our #1 choice.

Unknown said...

Yeah Malone is right, that really did happen. All of it.