Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sadly

Well it's Sunday night and I don't want to go to work tomorrow. Mostly because today sucked because of the Giants game. It was completely horrible and if something could go wrong it did. This was another game in which the Giants really missed Plaxico, as much as I hate it. I really thought that they would be okay without him but I guess it shows how much of an elite WR and they're really going to have to look into it this offseason. I can't say it was all because of Plax, but definitely a large part. It definitely didn't help that Carney missed two field goals and that the giants turned the ball over on their last 4 possessions(two missed 4th downs and 2 turnovers). I have to hand it to the Eagles, they really turned it around. They made the second half adjustments and the giants didn't. I thought the D played well but the offense just couldn't get it together. It was a sad day for us giants fans. Well, hopefully we can correct our flaws in the offseason and next year we'll have Osi back. I hate waiting another season, though. I thought this team could go all the way again.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, they had their weaknesses though, especially without Plaxico. I have to say I thought the play calling was terrible yesterday for the Giants. They should have had a better gameplan going in, especially with the wind how it was. Short passes were all they needed, but they kept trying to throw the ball 20/30 yards. Doesn't make sense. And then they had 2 4th down and shorts, and they just try to run it up the middle twice in a row. Why wouldn't they try a play action pass or something... people would have been wide open.

Anywho, Philly owned NY this past year, so next year it's time for NY to step it up. I'm still sticking with my orignal pick for super bowl champion by the way (the Steelers).

Unknown said...

I thought this article was pretty interesting. This guy picked 40 current players who he thinks are hall of fame candidates. He actually has 6 current Mets on the list which surprised me, and Reyes wasn't one of them (Wright, Santana, Pedro, Delgado, K-Rod, and Beltran). I also like his assessment on why teams are stupid for not wanting Manny. What do you guys think of this list?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=schoenfield/090112&sportCat=mlb&w_cid=widgets:player:mlb:

Unknown said...

This blog stinks... the whole URL didn't go through. Paste this all together for the full URL:


http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/
story?page=schoenfield/090112&sportCat=mlb&w_cid
=widgets:player:mlb:

Unknown said...

Wow, that's some good debating going on.

Unknown said...

Red Sox rule!