Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Yup, here we go

So, I guess we were all wrong about the Super Bowl. It definitely started out as a crap fest and it seemed that the Steelers were going to run away with it but then the Cardinals turned it around and made it seem like they could pull it off. I was really hoping that the Cardinals would have won and it would have been amazing but whatever. The ending was very similar to the Giants win only I was happy that the Giants won, ha ha. I still think Larry Fitzgerald should have been the mvp but oh well.

Well, I'm happy that the Mets were able to sign Oliver Perez. I was a little worried about what was going to happen but they finally put everything together. I do like our starting rotation of Santana, Maine, Pelfrey, Perez and whoever gets the fifth spot. I wonder if the Mets will go after Ben Sheets? Can't hurt, could it? I definitely wouldn't give him a 4 year deal like we did for Pedro but a 2 year deal wouldn't be bad. I thought I read on espn that the Mets had expressed interest in Abreau, which wouldn't be a bad signing. It would be a pretty good lineup of Reyes, Abreau, Beltran, Wright, Delgado, Church/Tatis, Castillo, Schneidder, Pitcher. I'd be pretty happy with that line up and that could put us as the favorite to win the NL East. We'll see what happens.

No comments: