Friday, August 15, 2008

A Whole Bunch of Stuff

So, it's Friday, which is my Sunday. Tomorrow I start my last week of the type of job I have at Dishnetwork. I'll then have a 5 day weekend and next Monday the 25th(Where has the summer gone?) I start my training for Tech Support. I'm really really not looking forward to this, but oh well. I need a new job before I can leave this one. I was told that by mid-day today I'd find out my new shift. I called and was told we won't know until Close of business today, which is between 5-6pm. Way to go work. Once again another delay. That's all they do, tell you something will be ready by a certain day/time and always delay it. It makes me wonder how this company can survive? How we haven't gone under yet? Who knows. What? Me bitter? Maybe just a little, ha ha. Anyways, onto other things.

In the past couple days I've watched three movies so here are my reviews of them.
Into The Wild: I didn't really want to see this in the theater so I decided to wait til it was out on dvd. Of course it came out a while ago, but whatever. I read a review in entertainment weekly which the first line of the review said what happens in the end, so that was great. But, other than that this was a great movie. It's amazing what some people will do to escape and change what's around them. The journey this guy went on was incredible and it was really easy to get into the movie. I would recommend this to anyone who's looking for a good movie to watch. I give this one an A-. Also ,the soundtrack is awesome.

In The Name Of The King - A Dungeon Siege Tale: I'll watch any movie that has Jason Statham in it, and this movie has him in it, ha ha. It does have a really good cast that includes the chick who played the terminator in terminator III, Ron Pearlman(Hellboy), Ray Liota, Burt Reynolds, Leelee Sobieski and Claire Forlani(Green Street Hooligans). It's sort of a Lord of the Rings meets the Matrix with the storyline and the fighting scenes. It was enjoyable and I would recommend this for anyone who's looking for an action movie where they don't really need to pay attention too much. I give it a B.

Star Wars - The Clone Wars: Ahhh yes, this is the movie I went to last night at midnight and believe me, it was worth it. Now, let me not get ahead of myself, it's definitely not as good as the original three, and honestly we all know nothing will ever be, but it's definitely better than episode I & II. It's close with episode III. What I like about this one was it had more action than the other movies. In fact, you start off the movie in the middle of a bunch of battles. It was pretty sweet. The story revolves around Jabba the Hutt's son was kidnapped and the Jedi are asked to track them down. If they do then Jabba will open up the trade roots to the Jedi and the Republic in the outer rim. Also, Anakin is given a padawan learner(if you're unsure what this is, just asked Ayo. Ha ha, I'm funny). At this point you're told that Anakin said he'd never want one but Obi-Wan convinces Yoda that one would be perfect for him. So, they go on a mission to find Jabba's son. What I like about this movie compared to episodes 1-3, and it's something you also got in the animated series that came out in 2002-2003 was it was actually pretty funny. I was surprised how often I laughed during the movie. So, anyways at the end of the movie you're setup for the tv show that's going to be on I think later this year. I have really high hopes for it and I think it'll come through. Rob, definitely see it. I think you'll like it.

1 comment:

Roger Kuhrt said...

Well, here's an update. I got my new schedule, which is an improvement, but not the ideal one I wanted. I'm working Saturday-Wednesday 7:00am-3:30pm. Definitely a change for me, ha ha.