Monday, August 4, 2008

The Dark Knight

Soooo, it's time. I've given everyone enough time to see the movie, so now I'm going to talk about it, spoilers and all. Ha ha. First thing's first. Way for the Mets to start faiding. Just great. Now with Maine on the DL and who knows when Wagner's going to be back. We brought some guy up who has 27 saves in the minors or something like that. Should be interesting. Can someone please make Ryan Church better? Please???

Now, onto the Dark Knight. I loved the movie. I thought it was great. Like I said before, this movie was going to be huge and it looks like it has a good chance of beating out Titanic as the movie that's made the most money. It'll be close, but I think it'll do it. Now the one thing I didn't like about the movie was that Two Face died. I always hate when comic book movies kill of the bad guy. Really, can't you just throw him in jail? Is that too much to ask? They do it in the comics, you can do it in the movies. Blah. I'm not upset about that Rachel Dawes(I think that's her name, oh well) kicking the bucket. I was surprised but it's okay. But I hate two face kicking it because he was never really a bad guy. No one knew him as a bad guy. That would have been sweet if he had been.

This is what we know now, Sandman & Joker are in jail so they can return in the next movie. There will probably be another villian in the next movie. We're going to have to find another person to play the Joker. I believe Christian Bale is signed for the next movie and the director is not, so they better sign him up.

Now, that just leaves us at what storyline they're going to go with. I'm thinking that they'll follow the Robin storyline and add him into the mix. But, they might save that til later because Batman hasn't been around for that long. I like the Robin storyline so it would be pretty cool if he's in the next movie and they get someone good to play him. I also wouldn't mind to see either Catwoman or the Penguin to be in the next one and bring back either Sandman or Joker. It'll be hard, but they could do it. What I would love to happen in the next movie is to have the character who's Robin leave at the end of the movie and then have Batman find someone else to take his place and then in the fourth movie go with Death in the Family storyline and kill Robin. I'm just saying that it would be really really sweet and something they wouldn't have done with the other movies. Sooo, we'll see what happens. I just can't wait for them to announce when they'll start filming the new movie, to see who's going to acting in it and to see what characters will be in it. Let's hope it's as good as the first two!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Is there a "superhero" more gay than Robin? Seriously, what is the point of him? I didn't read the comics so I really don't know, but the movies just made him out to be a homo. It's as if someone studied Kohanski and made a superhero sidekick out of him. Is there anyone honestly afraid of Koho?

KOHO said...

Listen, I may appear to clam, cool, and collected but I could take you any day of the week. I am like the Hulk when I get angry. But first, what did I do to deserve this unprovoked attack? You are just a big bully.

Unknown said...

Kohanski I'm not sure what is more impressive: the accuracy of Malone's point that Robin is completely gay, or the fact that you responded to his crushing attack in a little over an hour. You are developing into a very loyal reader of Roger's blog.

Roger Kuhrt said...

I think the more amazing thing is taht malone posted within 20 minutes of me writing the post. That's pretty sweet. I must say that I am surprised by how much koho has posted. But I appreciate it Koho. Dang it, I said something nice to koho! See, they need to add Robin so that they can kill him! He he.

You know what songs are really addicting? The freecreditreport.com ones. Whenever I watch it on tv I just keep on singing along. Weird.

Unknown said...

Hey Roger, how about some rankings of fast food restaurants?

Unknown said...

Much like Rob's last comment, I have a completely un-related comment.

I just read this articleon Page2 of ESPN and I thought it made a ton of sense. It's about how over-rated closers are and how stupid the whole Save statistic is. With Wagner on the DL now it actually helps me realize it's not a big deal. Although Heilmann needs to really learn how to pitch.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=caple/080805&campaign=rss&source=MLBHeadlines

Unknown said...

Not sure why the full link didn't paste.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=
caple/080805&campaign=rss&source=MLBHeadlines