Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Rob's Idea

Sooooo, it's late on Wednesday night. The Mets just lost. Just great. I kinda like that Dan Murphy guy who just got called up. Going 3-5 will do that, ha. Now, it's just seeing if he can keep things up. Who knows. I went to a job fair today. Nothing really good but I did stop by this one company and the lady who was there looked over my resume and gave me some pointers and gave me a website to look at hr positions. I think I'd really like doing HR so maybe something will happen. I have been doing HR type stuff for like 4.5 years now. It could be fun and it's not customer service. I do have an interview tomorrow with another company. They're hiring a bunch of positions so I'll see what happens. Hopefully the job won't suck and there'll be decent benefits. I'll keep you posted.

Top 5 fast food places:
#1. Steak & Shake: I don't believe there are any of these in Connecticut. In fact, I had their food for the first time in March. Also I've only gotten one thing off of the menu but it is by far the best burger/sandwich ever. It's called the frisco melt and I've gotten it everytime I've gone there. Plus they have really good milkshakes. They do have a split milkshake where one side is one flavor and the other side is another flavor. It's pretty good.


#2. Wendy's: I have to give props to the fast food restaurant that was started in C-bus. I like the menu and the baconator, even though it will kill me in about 5 years. But, what's really nice about Wendy's is that when you get one of the value menu items you can get something else besides fries with it. I usually get a potato with brocolli. It's pretty good. Plus, it reminds me of playing poker at Perrotti's place because I used to get it before beating everyone in poker.

#3. Rally Burger: Once again I don't think this place is in Connecticut. Rally isn't like the other fast food places, it's just a drive thru place, which is nice. I think they make the best burgers out of all the places. On a down note, my gf did have to take care of a girl who worked at a Rally's by my old apartment.

#4. Burger King: I think the only reason it's this high on the list is because of the BK Stacker. That's by far my favorite thing on the menu. Plus, the commercials are wicked funny. I loved the football ones with the Burger King. They still make me laugh.

#5. McDonald's: Ummm... I guess McD's is here because I don't really care that much for Taco Bell or Long John Silver and I can't think of any other ones. Ha ha. Sad but true. Plus, I really like the McNuggets. By far the best chicken nuggets out there. And I like their fries. So there.

What do you guys think?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I've got a thing for Taco Bell... but that's a story for another day.

Here are some other fast food places, a few which would be in my top 5:
KFC
Subway
D'Angelos
Quiznos
White Castle
Dunkin Donuts
Arby's
Sonic
Popeyes

Unknown said...

This is great material for a list. In fact I think I might launch my blog with a similar list.

Unknown said...

You guys shouldn't eat fast food, it's bad for you.

Roger Kuhrt said...

I need to check out sonic. We have one over here but I haven't been to it yet. Are there any in Ct? I didn't think there was. The commercials are pretty funny. I don't think I've ever been to Arby's either. I liked White Castle the first couple times I went there but I can't go there anymore. Usually half the food you get is cold by the time you get home(I had one right at my corner) and it would make me crap within 30 minutes of eating it. Not a good sign. But, it did lead to one of my favorite stoner movies ever.