Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hump Day

So, I guess it is Wednesday. I've kinda just lost track of what day it is since my schedule is changing and I'm going through training before I get my new schedule, uggghhh. My interview yesterday was nothing special. Went to a temp agency to see if they had any temp-to-hire positions. They did but didn't pay that much so I'll move on and wait and see if they get anything better. I'm going to go to an open interview today for a call center that deals with lawyers. Not sure what exactly they do, but it seems kinda interesting. I'll keep you posted. i'm going to keep this short because my lunch is cut in half now and i have to go back in 5 minutes. Ha ha.

Two things about the Mets. First thing is not to worry about last night. It sucked but it's not the end of the world. If this was late September and we were playing a four game series in Philly and we didn't have Johan then I'd be crapping myself right now. But it's not and I'm not. It's only a 2 game series and when we win today we'll be back in first. The second thing is I'm wondering if the Mets will make an offer for Brian Fuentes. The Rockies have put him on waivers. The Mets would have to do a trade and I've read that the asking price is high. Also, Fuentes is a free agent at the end of the season. Now, I think it would be a good idea to go after him, I just don't know if we could get him. We need bullpen help, like everyone knows and he would be a great opion. Also, Wagner is getting old. Fuentes is not as old. We could replace Billy with Brian and then we won't have to worry the next time Wagner breaks down. We have our replacement already. Plus, in the offseason we can offer more money. But, I doubt it'll happen. We also need another starter now that Maine is on the DL. I wonder if El Duke is going to come back? Now would be a great time to get him back.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I would like to point out that about month or two ago I said the Mets should get Fuentes. Malone said I was an idiot.

Did anyone see that the LPGA is making learning English mandatory? We'll see if this picks up.

Unknown said...

Having a mandatory language in SOME sports is necessary, where you need to be able to communicate for yourself. Golfers don't have to wear uniforms, but they do need to have this a language in common. Golfers need to be able to communicate for themselves unlike some other sports. The LPGA is a very tolerant league, so I am sure they have thought this one out really well and decided they need it.

Roger, don't you wish an awesome company like TicketNetwork would just randomly notice your resume online, 1 hour after you post it, then the owner of that company emails you, holds a position for you for 3 months while you're away with the Army, and hires you once you get home to do a ridiculous job?

Unknown said...

Fuentes is not the answer. We don't have one right now. Possibly in the long run he will be. The entire league knows that our bullpen is weak and anyone can come back from multiple runs late in the game against us. So regardless of who we pick up, other teams will have confidence in coming back against us.

We are getting Ricardo Rincon in September though, which is awesome.

Roger, your football team sucks, which is pretty much impossible in such a shallow league.

Unknown said...

Hey Roger how about some analysis about the upcoming presidential election, seeing that you live in the "swing state" of Ohio.