Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Top 10

Well, I haven't really gotten off to a good month. Not a good sign, ha ha. Well, I still want to go through and watch 24 season 3, so hopefully tomorrow I'll get on track with that, as much as Malone likes to complain about it. I got a new phone last week and it's pretty cool. My old phone was on the way out and the buttons were sticking a little bit(of course that's because I dropped it in apple sauce). The Mets are playing better now. Hopefully things will continue to go the way they are.

Well, a while back Perrotti said for me to do a list of my top man crushes. This came after I made a trade with Malone and got Corey Hart(personally he wasn't the guy I wanted. I needed a new catcher so there). So, Jimmy P, here's the list for you.
1. David Wright - Yeah, I can still remember the exact moment when I started to really like David Wright. Sadly, I can, ha ha. It was 2004 and the Mets were awefull. Really, really, really awefull. Dreafull. Sad. Well, because of that, near the end of July, the Mets called up this rookie from the minors to play thirdbase. This guy, David Wright. Well, noone expect much, but we got a lot. So, even though the Mets continued to suck donkey balls, Wright played awesome. So, on September 2, after a 2 home run game I went to ESPN and I ordered my David Wright Jersey(and a free Chris Berman bobblehead). I even wore it when I went to game 5 of the alcs. And I haven't stopped wearing it.

2. Brady Quinn - Sorry Perrotti, Corey Hart will not make my list. But BQ does. What people don't understand is that it was YEARS since Notre Dame had a qb who could throw the ball. Years. It was sad watching a team who didn't have a qb who could complete a 20 yard pass unless the wide receiver ran 15 of those yards. Then all of a sudden in 2003 this freshman qb who had a cannon of an arm showed up. And, although he and ND struggled it was nice knowing that we could have a qb who could throw for 400 yards in a game(which he did). Then the next year he did a little better, but wasn't the amazing qb I knew he could be. Then something amazing happened, ND hired Charlie Weiz and Quinn turned into an all american qb and absolutely destroyed passing record after passing record. So there you have it. And it's nice that Quinn got drafted by the Browns and I happened to move to Ohio. He he.

3. Jeff Samardjiza - Another problem with not having a qb who could throw was not having a wide receiver who could catch and score td's. Honestly, the last good wr from ND that I followed each week was Derrek Mayes. And that was like 1994. It was sad. Really sad. And through his first two seasons with ND, Jeff didn't show up. He wasn't really used and ND didn't have a passing attack. Well, once again Charlie Weiz shows up and out of nowhere this guy wearing the #83 jersey started catching td pass after td pass and by the end of the season he'd set the record for td's in a season. It was just soo much fun watching an offense that you knew was going to score points and it was going to be fun to watch. Of course, I was also devistated when I learned that JS decided to go into baseball instead of football. I swear he'd be a really good wr in the NFL by now.

#4. David Beckham - Yeah, I know. Trendy pick. But, I just like how he plays the game. He plays with passion and its a lot of fun to watch. Plus, he's pretty good. I'm happy that he's in the MLS now so I can watch the galaxy games when they're on tv. Sadly, I still haven't purchased my Beckham Galaxy jersey, but at least I have his team England one. He he.

#5. Harry Potter - Okay, I didn't say all of them had to be real characters. By far my favorite books of all time. I've read the first 4 six times and I'm starting to re-read them again. Just an unbelievable amazing story. If I could be anyone fiction or real, I would be Harry Potter. Actually, I'd be happy just being a Wizard.

#6. Jason Statham - I can still remember watching Lock, Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels for the first time. He was the one who's acting career really took off. I've enjoyed just about every movie he's done and I've seen most of them. I just like that all of his characters can kick ass.

#7. Carlos Beltran - I remember when Beltran was on the Royals and just watching him make plays and hit home runs on Sportscenter. It was great watching him play. Then, he was traded to the Astros because the Royals couldn't afford to pay him. He then had one of the most amazing post seasons by one player, almost single handedly getting the Astros into the World Series(stupid Brad Lidge). Well, in 2005 guess who joined the Mets? Oh yeah, Carlos Beltran. And like 2 days later, I bought his jersey. Ha ha.

#8. Curtis Joseph - Yeah, a little known fact about me, but my favorite hockey player of all time is Curtis Joseph. He is a great goalie, plus he has a really cool nickname, CuJo. He is actually the reason why I wasn't a Whalers fan growing up. So, in high school for my bday I got a St. Louis Blues Cujo jersey. And what happened in the offseason? Oh yeah, he got traded to Edmonton. But, I still followed him wherever he played.

#9. Jack Bauer - 24 is by far my favorite tv show of all time. The first four seasons were absolutely amazing and even though the last two seasons were just okay, I still love the show. Jack Bauer is the man. There's no other way to put it. If you're going to cross Jack, make sure you cut his head off, cause if you don't, he's gonna get it.

#10. Jimmy Clausen - Yeah, I know he's only played one season at Notre Dame, and it was a bad season but I just know he's going to be great. Just like I knew Quinn would be. As his career goes on he'll definitely go up on the list, but until he puts together his first 300 yard, 4 td game, I have to keep him at #10. I think next year he'll have a great season and I wouldn't be surprised if in his junior season he wins the heisman. I can't wait to find out.

Just missed the list: Dayne Christ, Osi Umenyiora, Eliah Wood, Luke Skywalker, Darth Maul, Chris Carraba, and Maurice Stovall.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it would be interesting watching you hook up with Darth Maul, Roger

Unknown said...

Haha, what a gay list. I don't know how you can have a man crush on fictional characters, but I'll leave you be. So that you don't feel left out, here's my top 5 man crushes:

1. Jose Reyes - He's definitely my favorite baseball player, and I feel like he is by far the most exciting player to watch in the game. I'll admit that when he struggles it can get ugly, but everyone has bad streaks and he's still very young. But when he's on his game, he carries the entire offense with him. Seeing him leg out triples is a thing of beauty.
2. Jerry Rice - He was the only football player I looked up to. He had unbelievable skills and never showboated the way WR's do today. He did his job and that was it.
3. Hugh Hefner - This is pretty self explanatory. He has the best job in the world and is a role model to all straight men.
4. Tiger Woods - I just think it's amazing watching him dominate a sport the way he does. He's really uncomparable to any other athlete. He handles pressure like no one else I've seen. Plus he has a hot wife.
5. Ken Griffey Jr. - He was my childhood baseball idol. His swing was and still is the nicest I've ever seen. If he didn't get injured so much he could easily be the HR champ. He's never been linked to steroids either so that makes it even more amazing. Plus he's another guy who just goes out there and does his job and doesn't go off running at the mouth. I respect that.

Honorable mentions - Jim Carrey, Chris Farley, Matt Damon

Unknown said...

Fictional characters usually aren't man crushes, but I really wouldn't expect less from you Roger. Also, I would like to point out that I dislike the term man crush. That being said this is my list.

1. Derek Jeter - Clutch hits, championships, and many hot girlfriends. What's not to like?

2. I couldn't come up with one guy from the Uconn Huskies basketball team so this is more of list in itself. In no particular order, Calhoun, Ray Allen, Richard Hamilton, Okafor.

3. Also, I couldn't come up with just one former Whaler so I made a list here as well. Geoff Sanderson, Kevin Dineen, Verbeek, Sean Burke, Francis.

4. Brett Favre - I just enjoyed the way he played the game.

5. Ken Griffey Jr. - No steroids talk and the sweetest home run swing I've ever seen.

I have some other honorable mentions, Tino Martinez, Riveria, Paul O'Neal, Torre.

Roger I think you should make another list of people you really despise in sports.