Monday, June 23, 2008

A case of the Mondays

Errrr.... yeah, I haven't written on here in a while. I've just been busy, surprisingly. but, besides that, it looks like the Mets are doing okay. We've won our last three series, just the way they should. All they need to do is win two out of three. that's all I ask. We've trimmed 4 games off the Phillies lead, so that's good. Now we have the Mariners coming in, so that should be easy. They do have the worst record in the league. Also, what's going on with KC? They've been on fire. They've won like 7 or 8 in a row or something like 7 out of 8 or 8 out of 9. I hope they do well because I like the young guys on their team. It would be cool to see them in the playoffs, taking the wild card from the Yankees. He he.

Mike, I think you need to check your stats about CC. Just so you know, in his last nine starts he's gone at least 6 innings in each start and struck out at least 8 in 6 of those starts. Plus, he's taken 3 runs off of his era. Not too shabby. Hopefully he'll test the free agent market. I wouldn't mind having a pitching rotation of Santanta, Sabathia, Maine, Perez, and Pelfrey. Plus, maybe we'll sign Texiera. I don't think he'll re-sign with the Braves and he wouldn't be a bad option at first(but you all know that I'd prefer we re-trade for Jacobs!). I can't remember, but is Wagner's contract up this year or next year? I don't think we'll resign him because he's sooo old. I'm actually surprised at how well he's pitched because he was suppose to have a suspect shoulder. I thought he was going to be like Pedro and on the DL all the time. I just think it's time for us to go younger. Maybe we'll put Duaner as the closer? who knows.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Roger there is no way the Mets are signing both CC and Big Tex. They might be able to sign one, but that may be tough. Especially since the Yankees will be looking for pitching and a 1st baseman. You guys could always get Giambi.

Did you see that poll in SI about Derek Jeter being the most overrated baseball player? I'm sure you'd love that. However, the week before they had a different poll and it had him as 2nd for the player you would most want to build a team around(A-Rod was #1).

Vadkalocanuts are overrated.

Unknown said...

Malone, can we get a spell check on that? I'm not sure Perotti spelled it correctly. What is the official spelling?

Anonymous said...

I know CC is doing great, I would just be very apprehensive about giving him Santana/Zito money and years. No matter where he goes, I think we'll look back on his career and find that his best years were in an Indians uniform. I would set my sights elsewhere. I would trade the whole farm for a guy like Volquez. That SI poll is funny. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that Jeter makes way more $ than prety much everyone who puts up the numbers he does. I'll leave A-Rod alone here, because I've heard enough nonsense about him around here. Zito is another guy who I think sparks a lot of jealosy over $, especially with his lack of results. Drew seems to be proving the voters wrong as of late, which is quite frustrating from my point of view. I don't see David Wright as an overrated player. I don't think he's over paid, and he has been a consistent producer. Youkilis should be # 1. I can't stand that guy, and apparently Manny can't either.

Unknown said...

The official spelling is "Vodkahluconut". Please refrain from spelling it incorrectly in the future. Also, soon you will have to be paying me royalties to use that word, but I'll let you know when that's all set.