Sunday, June 15, 2008

Always Mess With Texas

So it's Sunday. I'm a little happy because the Mets took two of three from the Rangers and we had a chance to take all three games. It would have been nice, but I'm happy with the 2 wins. We don't need to win every game. I'm happy with 2 out of 3. Just remember that guys, two out of 3.

I love mini-golf. And playing skins mini-golf is the best. I told Malone this, but my favorite place for mini-golf in Connecticut is Safari Golf on the turnpike. Just an all around great place. My favorite hole is the really long one. I always wanted to bring a driver and hit it off there, but I haven't. Ha ha.

Rob, if you three died in a freak accident I'd still have Mike plus some other readers who don't comment, he he. I'm also happy now because I just watched the Braves lose. Nothing wrong with that.

Well, in my last post I did my top 5 favorite Marvel movies. Well, I'm going to do my top 5 worst comic book movies. I don't think there are enough Marvel movies that are just bad for me to have that list.

#1. Catwoman - I haven't even seen this movie, but it's still ranked last. I don't know why Holly Barry(?) thought she could play Catwoman? Really? And Catwoman as a good person? I think not. Just horrible.

#2. Elektra - Daredevil wasn't that bad. I'm not a big fan of Ben Affleck but Daredevil was entertaining. I thought I heard about a sequel, and they definitely set it up for one, but no. They did this movie instead. Just bad. I really can't go into the details because I'll just get mad and break the computer.

#3. Spiderman 3 - I should have known this movie was bad when I saw the last trailer for the movie and I was able to call the plot to the entire movie. Yup, the entire movie. It was just too over the top for me. Plus, Tobey Mcguire annoyed me when he played the black spiderman and walked around with the emo hair and they had that dance number. Uuuggghhhhh. Just soooooooo bad. How could a movie franchise go from all good to sooooooo sooooooooo bad?

#4. X-men 3 - Hmmm... a patern here? Maybe. Talk about taking a good storyline and completely butchering it. Completely! I'm sorry, but they killed off Cyclops in the first 5 minutes? What??? I don't remember that happening. The battle scenes were okay but there's no way that Wolverine is going to kill the Phoenix with his claws. Talk about taking the easy way out of the movie. Ugghhhh. Plus, no Gambit. The biggest flaw in these movies.

#5. Batman & Robin - I can't go through why this was sooo bad. I'm still not done with therapy after watching it. If you seen this movie you know what I'm talking about.

I'll let this sit for a couple days and then I'm gonna do my top 5 favorite ESPN people. I'll give you a couple days to think of yours while commenting on this one.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know that hole at Safari Golf! That is a nice course. Dino Golf on route 66 in Portland is nice too. Also, there was a very, very nice course in Glastonbury but it was only around for 3 years before they closed it - very odd.

The course we played at was in Bristol and was very short and easy. The course was exquisitely maintained and the landscaping got an A+ in my book. Every hole was a par 2 except for a couple par 3's. Malone got insanely lucky and got a hole in one on a three-tiered par 3 (even though my and Perotti both also made it in the initial cup like Malone did). The I tanked the last hole with an out of bounds 4. I think Malone had a 37, I had a 40, and Perotti had a 41. I should have won, as I easily showed myself to be the best (if not the luckiest - Malone) mini golfer. I anxiously await our rematch.

Roger do you have any plans to come to Connecticut? When is the next time you'll be around? We should have some sort of a PMGA Tour where we play a bunch of different mini golf events with a prize pool.

Roger Kuhrt said...

Hmmmm.... the only mini golf place I remember in Glastonbury my friends worked at during the summer when we were in high school. The guy that owned it was a douche bag and ran it into the ground, ha ha. That could have been the one. I won't be back until September for Malone's bachelor party. Not sure if we'll be able to get any mini golfing in, though. but, that would be nice!