Monday, June 2, 2008

Today is my thursday

So, I thought I'd let Rob's post about the N64 run a couple days to see what people would say, and they didn't say much, ha ha. I had a busy weekend so I wasn't able to do another post, so here's the next one. I got a new phone on Friday, the LG EnVy2 and it's pretty cool. It took me forever to put everyone's # into it, which sucks. Oh well. I also got BlueTooth so I won't be killing anyone while driving. Unless it's after I play GTA 'cause then I'll just want to run them off the road(note to everyone, I still haven't purchased it yet). I was happy that the Mets took 3 out of 4 from the Dodgers. Finally Beltran is beginning to hit and Church is back. Pelfrey pitched pretty well, which is surprising. Now lets hope the west coast trip doesn't destroy us. We'll see.

It's time for storytime kids. This goes back to college(again). Well, back during my Freshman and Sophmore years at college I used to watch 90210. I know, it's sad, but I found it interesting. So, on Wednesday nights I would go over to my friend Kate's dorm room and watch it with her and some friends. It was a fun night. Well, during my sophmore years, a friend of mine came along because he had an interest in my friend Kate. Well, when we got to her dorm room, there was another guy who was there, who hadn't showed up before. We had a good time and after the show we left. When we left my friend said to me, "do you think they're going to date?" I made a bold prediction and said that there was no way and that this guy was not her type and that that guy didn't stand a chance compared to my friend(not that I really knew her type, I just didn't want my friend to get sad). So, what I'm getting at is that I like to make bold predictions(or statements). Here's another one. The Yankees will be worse with Joba the Hutt in the rotation instead of the bullpen. The reason is that I don't like their bullpen w/o Joba(it could be worse than the Mets) and now with Joba in the rotation they don't have a reliable setup guy for the 8th. Farnsworth is a meat head and likes to give up home runs and then get mad when the 'roids are running through his veins and they at people. He won't last. What do you guys think?




.... and to continue the story, yeah my friend Kate, she ended up marrying that guy. That guy's name? Mike, your fellow reader and commentor. He he, what can I say? My prediction aren't always right.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Really Roger, 90210? It's really getting tough to say i know you.

Anonymous said...

So uhhh... Who was the other guy?

- The guy whos not Kate's type

Roger Kuhrt said...

Ha ha, I know. I used to watch it when it first came out(come on, I have two sisters. I was trapped) and then at the end. Hey, the Sports Guy likes it, so it's okay.

Mike, the guy who I said was not Kate's type was you. Hence, how I said my predictions aren't always good. My friend that I brought was Jeremy. Of course, that lasted all of like 2 weeks and then he was back to liking Shar(I think that's her name and how you spell it. But, college was sooo long ago I can't really remember).

Anonymous said...

Nice. I guess it's good that I made my move when I did.

I think you misunderstood. I was signing the comment as "the guy who's not Kate's type." It's irony. Look it up.

Roger Kuhrt said...

Oh, ha ha, I completely missed that. That's what happens when you read something at 11pm at night. Oh well. I guess the Joba move isn't working out to well, either? Of course, neither is Oliver Perez, unless he's playing the yanks.

Anonymous said...

I look at it like this... The best thing the yankees had going for them this year was Joba in the 8th and Mariano in the 9th. One side says why mess with that. The other side says what good is that if the yankees don't have enough starters who can hand those guys a lead. Who would have thought that at this point in the year Phil Hughes and Ian Kennedy would account for a grand total of "0" wins. Wang has looked sucky lately, Pettite looks old, Mussina is doing as well as can be expected, and Rasner has been effective. We'll see what happens. All I know is, the Rays are for real, and if Big Papi is as hurt as it seems he is, they may take the division.

Re: Oliver Perez, he's an enigma. Good luck with him. I'm really interested to see what Pedro has in him tonight. He's facing Zito, who is basically a tee. With the Mets' luck, he'll shut them out, 1-0.

Unknown said...

Pedro is back bitches... guaranteed World Series win right now.