Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Good, The Bad, and Best Buy

Well, I guess I'll start out on a positive note before I get into the rest, ha ha. Well, it was nice for the Mets to get off the losing streak. I must say that I'm impressed by Pelfry. I thought this season was going to be a big struggle for him but even though he hasn't won since like April, he's pitched really well the past 4 or 5 outings. Last night was probably his best or second best effort. It seemed that before he had lost the ability to really strike out a lot of people but he was on last night. Let's just hope that he can keep it up 'cause we're going to need it. If he gets it going then we'll have a pretty good 4 starters for the playoffs, if we make it. Of course Billy blew the save last night. Luckily we had a guy named Carlos Beltran on our team. Lets hope that its the spark the team needs.

Now, onto the bad. Tuesday night my playstation died. Well, part of it died. And that part is the part that plays the video games and dvd and blue ray movies. So, it really really sux. I called sony and they're sending out a box for me to send my ps3 back and then they'll send me a new one. Which completely sucks. So now I have to go a few weeks without my ps3. Sniff, sniff.

Now, onto Best Buy. I bought my ps3 from Best Buy. I called Best Buy to see what my options were. Because I also got the 2 year warranty I can just go in and exchange my ps3 for another one. Unfortunately they don't have the 80 gig ps3 that I have. They only have a 40 gig ones. Well, I was thinking that maybe I could exchange mine for a 40 gig and then when they get a 80 gig. So, I called back and asked if I could do that and that was a no. Ha ha. But, what I did learn is that they won't be getting any more 80 gigs BUT they will have 120 gig ps3's that they'll get in a week or two and I can exchange mine for one of them. So, now I have to decide what to do. Should be interesting.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Well I think you should definitely use your warranty. That way you get your money's worth, plus you'll have less total time without a PS3. If you wait for Sony to sent you one it could be a while, right? I would wait the extra week and get the 120gb one, that is pretty badass.

My brother had the same thing happen with his XBox 360 (a very, very common problem with the XBox - the 'red ring of death'). This is why Microsoft extended its universal warranty from 1 year to 3 years. But he had to wait for the coffin to come, then sent his XBox back, then waited for another one to come (which was a refurbished one, not a new one).

So, if you have the option to bring it to a retailer and get a new one (as opposed to a possibly refurbished one from the manufacturer) I would certainly go to Best Buy.

I guess you will be playing a lot of PC/PS2 games for the next week or so, huh.

I can't believe the Lakers are beating the Celtics by 24 points early in the 2nd quarter. Doc Rivers is a terrible coach.

Unknown said...

Also I'm really happy that JD Drew is finally producing - in a big way - for the Red Sox.

His performance was so average last year. And his demeanor - he always acts like he doesn't care and always has the same expression on his face. So a lot of boston fans thought that he didn't care. But now that he's producing of course he is loved (and is filling Ortiz' spot in the lineup well in his absence).

Roger Kuhrt said...

You know what would make sense would be if sony just sent me out a brand new box first. They could just link it to my CC so that if I didn't return my old ps3 they would just charge my card for it. That would make sense, right? Oh well. I should have the box on Monday, but I'm going to wait to send it back just to see if I can get a 120 gig one. That's just massive. He he. I don't have my ps2 anymore. I traded it in. So, I'll actually be bored for a while. I might take up playing poker online again.

Unknown said...

Yeah I had the red ring of death with my Xbox 360. I had to send it in and get it replaced, but after that I've had 0 issues with it.

Are you really going to use more than 40 gigs of space on your PS3? I would be shocked if you did, unless you're burning movies onto it or something.

Roger, the Mets are looking horrendous lately. They are like my golf game this year. As soon as they start doing one thing really well, the get a problem in nother area. And then they fix that problem, and another one pops up that they supposedly fixed. It's very frustrating. I can't believe how bad Wagner has been. Heilmann I expect, but Wagner can't blow back to back 2+ run saves. I just hope the whole team can get back on track sometime soon. If they do, they will have no problem coming back and finishing in first, but I have yet to see them put more than 5 good games together without sucking for the next few.

Unknown said...

Oh, and great call Rob on the terrible coaching by Doc Rivers. They didn't come back and win the game or anything.

Unknown said...

That was a ridiculous comeback. It was awesome. Boston stole that game and will steal the series - I feel like LA is a better team.

Does anyone else feel like that greasy guy Vujachik or whatever his name is is a complete prick? He's always flopping, complaining, poking, kicking, or something. I hate that guy. I was so happy when Ray Allen glided by him for an easy layup.