Friday, July 18, 2008

Oh you didn't know? You're ass better callllllllllll somebody!

Sorry for the New Age Outlaws intro for a title. Probably my favorite tag team of all time. Anywho, I agree with Malone. That was an amazing win last night, and I got to watch it, which is even better. The Mets have won the last two games I've got to watch on tv, the first one was the great game by Pelfrey and then last night's come from behind, twice, to win it. As soon as Wright hit that ball I knew it was out. It's about time he started hitting the opposite way. Well, I'll admit it, the old Delgado seems to be back. Lets hope it stays that way the rest of the year and maybe I'll forget about the whole Mike Jacobs thing(probably not). Anywho, Perrotti and Mike, how do you feel about Richie Sexson joining the Spankees? How long do you think he'll last, 1-2 weeks? I don't think it's a bad pick up. If anyone needed a new place to play it was him. We'll see if he can pick it up again. Sort of how Fernando Tatis has. Where did this guy come from? But I'm happy.

So anywho, today is my second to last no work on Fridays. I start my new schedule(which I think I'll like better) in two Saturdays. But also, it's the opening night for The Dark Knight. I personally think this movie will make the most money this summer. In fact, I'm going to go out on a limb and say this movie will make at least $600 mil world wide. I wouldn't be surprised if it made at least $750 mil. So, in honor of the movie coming out I'm going to give you my rankings of the Batman movies and the two story lines that I'd like to see them go with after this movie.

#1. Batman Begins - Does anyone really remember Christian Bale before this movie? I do, because I grew up with two sisters I didn't really have a fight in picking which movie the family was going to rent, so many times we got stuck watching Newsies, a musical about the 1900's and the kids who sold newspapers. I remember four people from that movie. 1 was Dougie Howsier's best friend, I can't remember his name. 2 was the kid who was one of the bad guys in Robocop 2. 3 is Bill Pulman(or Paxton, I can't remember which one), the President from Independence Day. 4 is Christian Bale. He played the ring leader. Well, as his career went on, he did some movies but nothing really big, well maybe besides American Psycho. Then all of a sudden he was cast as Bruce Wayne in Batman Begins and I knew he'd be great. And he was. This was an amazing Origin storyline(one we didn't really get from the other movies). Great story, great action, great acting. This is a movie I can watch over and over again.

#2. Batman Forever - This is a movie that people either love or hate. I happen to be a part of the group that loves this movie. And no, it's not because of Val Kilmer as Batman(he wasn't that bad. No where near as bad as George Clooney), but because of everything else. Jim Carey completely stole whatever scene he was in. He was the perfect Riddler(if they have the Riddler in any of the other movies I hope he's it or at least someone as funny as him). Also Nicole Kidman was actually still hot at this point. Tommy Lee Jones was good as Two Face. Chris O'Donnell was good. I like how they did the death of his family and he was a good Robin. Plus, the soundtrack was awesome. By far one of my favorite soundtracks of all time, plus it introduced me to Sunny Day Real Estate. Ha ha. For these reasons, it will always be ranked high by me.

#3. Batman - Yeah, yeah, most people would rank this higher, but not me. It's just below Batman Forever. Michael Keaton was the second best Batman(just below Christian Bale) and I kinda wish he had kept playing Batman and I think he would too as I can't think of any movie he's done in the last 5-7 years. Can anyone? I remember he did that movie multilicity or something like that and it really really sucked. I think I turned it off half way through, ha ha. What really made this movie was Jack Nicholson. He played the perfect Joker. What I hate about the first two movies is that they just killed off the bad guys. What fun is that? Don't get me wrong, the death scene for the Joker was great. The way that he had a smile on his face and had that laughing voice at the end was classic, but still. One thing I'm hoping about in the Dark Knight is that, even though Heath is dead, please don't kill off the Joker. Please!!!

#4. Batman Returns - I really don't like this movie. Even with Christopher Walken in it, I don't know, this movie was just a little too dark for me. I just can't watch it whenever its on. I guess after thinking about this movie I can see why Michael Keaton didn't want to be Batman anymore, ha ha. Once again, did you have to kill off the Penguin? Oh well.

#5. Batman & Robin - I think this was the first movie I went to knowing I was going to hate it and I would want my money back, but I owed it to the franchise to give it a chance. I was wrong. I wish I could have that time back. What was the point of Bane? I don't get it. This movie should never had been made.

So, Even though I haven't seen it yet, I think the Dark Knight will be #1 on this list. I know that's saying a lot, but just from the previews I think the movie will be great. Now the question is, what do you do next? Personally I'd like to see these two storylines be made. #1, I'd like to see Robin in the movies. And in fact, I'd like to see all 3 Robins. The first one is, of course Dick Grayson(the one from Batman Forever & Batman & Robin), then I'd like to see him leave to become Nightwing. Then I'd like to see the whole Batman - A Death in the Family storyline where Jason Todd, who is the second Robin killed by the Joker(which, of course will have to be played by someone else) and then Batman have the 3rd Robin, Tim Drake. Yes, this will take like 3 movies, but whatever. It's hollywood, they can do it. Then, the second storyline I'd like to see is Bane come and break Batman's back. And then Azrael come back and be Batman and defeat Bane and then Bruce Wayne come back. Yes, this would be like another two movies, but I have time! I really do. And as an extra bonus for you, I'd also like to see a future movie, like 60 years in the future with Batman's son taking over. I have a comic somewhere(like you're surprised by my nerdness) where it's sometime in the future and Batman's son has just taken over. How sweet would that be?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha, the Newsies is actually one of Michelle's favorite movies, but I've managed to get by without being made to watch it. I'm sure I will someday. Christian Bale is a good actor though and I did like Batman Begins the best as well. This new one looks great though so I hope it is.

I don't know about Sexson. I actually hope he works out for the Yankees because they need it. But I don't know if he's the right guy for them. His average is terrible, especially the past couple years. People are pointing out his .344 average against lefties this year, but that's bound to drop if you look at his career numbers. He's gonna be another Wilson Betemit.

Roger, are you worried about the Phillies getting Blanton? Personally I'm not and I still think the Mets are the only team with a decent pitching staff in the NL East. Lets hope Maine keeps it going tonight.

Roger Kuhrt said...

I'm not too worried about Blanton. He's done. He was never that good. He was always the worst of the A's big pitchers. I think he'll get eaten alive in Philly. He was pitching in a pitchers park and he still had an era near 5. Now he's going to Philly where you can bunt and hit a home run. That's not a good thing. Plus, the Phillies gave up too much for him.