Friday, July 25, 2008

A Few Things

Well, I guess I should start this off by apologizing for not writing that much recently. I've been in a little funk, and it has nothing to do with the fact that I got College Football. I've been feeling a little blue because things at work have not been going well. I'm actually in the process of looking for another job because I hate it soooo much there. It has nothing to do with the people I work with, I actually really like them and I'll miss them when I'm gone, it has everything to do with the company. Plus, I think I'm burning out on customer service, which I've done since I graduated college. I just find myself caring less and less every day, which in customer service is not a good thing. Also there has been a problem with management. Here's the thing, when I took this job I was told that every once in a while they have a shift bid. That's when another shift becomes available and they give the shift bid to those who have better stats. I was really excited about that because I was new and I got stuck with a pretty crappy shift. So a few weeks ago at work they gave us a mandatory shift bid and instead of basing it of off our stats, they based it off of seniority and this really pissed me off. Well, I ended up getting a pretty decent shift, one that I was actually looking forward to going to and it was suppose to start on Saturday. Well, well well, this past Saturday I got to work and I found out that they were postponing the shift bid with no reason why, which is great. One of the few things that I will take from working under Matt(at ticketnetwork) is that people don't remember 95% of the things that you come through with, they remember the 5% of the things you promise and don't give them. And this really pissed me off, what they did. Then on Tuesday, just before I was about to leave I found out that we're being put into tech. I'm not looking forward to this at all. Soooo, I've decided to look for a new job. I've sent my resume out to a few places and I hope I can get one of them, but I really hate looking for a job. I really do. The process is such a pain in the butt and is completely annoying. Whenever I see a job I always think one of two things. Either I'm going to hate the job or I'm not qualified for one. Its a horrible opinion to have but I can't help it. So, we'll see what happens as the weeks go by, since it took me like 5 months to find this job. Ugghhhhhhhhh. Oh well.

It was nice to see the Mets pull out two of three against the Phillies and to take first place by ourselves. Now we have the cards in for another big series. All I want for the Mets to do for now on is to win 2 games a series. That would put us in a good position to win the division.

Yesterday I saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall. This is by far the funniest movie I've seen this summer. And, I saw it at the cheap theater(I paid $1.25 to see it) which means that it'll be coming out on video soon. If you haven't seen the movie yet go rent it when its out on video. You might want to cover your eyes for the beginning of the movie, but it's really funny and you'll laugh throughout it. Well, hopefully I'll be able to get a couple more posts up before the end of the month.

On a side note, I do feel better a little bit. See, writing can help!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Know what will help Roger? Watching this clip on a minor league baseball fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN4GtlzQIpo&feature=related

Also, getting out of customer service is the best thing you can do. I'm a lot happier now that I don't have to deal with jerks all the time.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry about your job Roger. You should come back to Connecticut. Gene would love to have you back.

I thought you would've posted something about the Giants trading Shockey away, but I guess you were in a funk. What do you think about that trade, and are you happy, sad, or indifferent about it?

Unknown said...

Here's something to cheer you up Roger - your most loyal reader is back from my Army training! I could write a guest column about how much "fun" it was.

As for the job, customer service is definitely a prime job for "burn out". You seemed really good at it too. A lot of what I do is a type of customer service, and I am getting pretty jaded about it too. I want to become a police officer. Keep us updated on your job search