Monday, July 7, 2008

The Best Baseball Teams in the future

So CC Sabathia trade went through today and with all of the prospects being traded to the Indians it got me thinking about who the best teams will be in the next couple years. These are my top teams:

The Rays - They're just stacked all around and most of their important players are young(Kazmir, Upton & Longoria). I'm hoping their success continues because they have a pretty stacked lineup and rotation. This could spell trouble for the Yankees and the Red Sox.

The Reds - Think about this, they are going to have a rotation of Volquez, Cueto, Harang, and that other guy Thompson(I think). If they get rid of Arroyo and pick up a decent pitcher, that will be one of the best rotations ever. Better than Arizona's. Plus they have Jay Bruce, Joey Votto and Brandon Phillips. They're just plain loaded.

The Brewers - The brew crew have Prince Fielder and Ryan Bruan on their team. But think about this, in next year's draft, saying CC & Sheets sign else where(and they will), the Brewers will have 5 of the top 35 picks in the draft. Just sick. They're going to be loaded.

I think these three teams will be near the top of their divisions in just a couple seasons. It'll be pretty fun to watch these teams mature and win.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Da Mets

Roger Kuhrt said...

That was dumb malone, but I'm not surprised. You must be hanging around koho too much.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure MLB and Fox TV are cringing at the thought of a potential Rays and Brewers World Series. I'm sure dozens of people would watch that one.

Unknown said...

The Brewers aren't going to be that good next year if Sheets and CC leave. Who would they have pitching? Hitting only gets you so far.

Also, a team you don't hear about much is the A's. I think a few years from now they are going to get back into being a contender. I don't think they have staying power this year.

Longoria is sick. I'm glad I have him in the keeper league.

Roger Kuhrt said...

Perrotti, I didn't mean next year, I meant in the next couple years, probably something like 3 or 4 years. It really depends on who they draft and how quickly that person develops. Some people only need 1 or 2 years in the minors and they're ready for the majors and some people need more. With 5 picks in the top 35 they could easily get the pitching help they need and also upgrade another position or two.

Unlike most people, I'd be up for a brewers-rays world series depending on who's playing on their teams and how fun they are. I think the brewers would have a great turn out, but I don't know about the Rays. Personally I think they should move those teams to a state that actually likes baseball, like Nebraksa(since the college world series is always in Omaha) or some place like that. It's just a thought.

KOHO said...

My vote is for the Cubs. I am a huge Cubs fan.

Unknown said...

On behalf of Rob, I'd like to say that your content is lacking this month. Lay off the video games.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Ever since the PS3 came back, this blog has flirted with irrelevancy. Put the controller down Roger. It'll be OK.