Monday, July 21, 2008

Oh yeah, it's Monday

I wish there was some list out there where it starts, "You know it's Monday when..." There probably is, but I'm too lazy to look it up. So, someone else do it. Ha ha. Well, earlier this month, or maybe last month I posted the top 5 jobs I wish I could have now. Well, I decided to expand that list. So, here are the next five jobs I wish I had. You know you'll love it:

#6. Win the lotto - Yeah, it's not a job, but whatever. What would be better than to win the lotto and never have to work again? I'm not talking about winning like a mil, I'm talking about winning like $250 million. After taxes, you're probably looking at like $125 mil. Give or take a little. I always hear people say that if they won the lotto they'd still want to work. Not me, I'm that lazy. My favorite weekend days are the days that I go to bed late, wake up late and then I can either sit around and watch tv/play playstation or go out shopping for more movies/games to watch/play. When it's my weekend, I really don't want to do anything constructive. I'd rather just pay someone and I'd be able to do that by winning the lotto.

#7. Artist - I guess this kinda goes along with writing or maybe not. Maybe that's just in my head. But, I've always thought it was amazing whenever I meet someone who can really draw. I am not one of those people. Now, I wouldn't want to be an artist who draws paintings and sells them. Oh no, I'd want to either draw/color for a comic book or for anime tv shows/movies. That would just be sweet. Or, I could be the person who comes up with the storylines for these things. Why didn't I get these genes???

#8. Voice Actor - How great would it be if all you did for work was be the voice for some cartoon show or movie. It just seems like it would be pretty cool. I wonder how does someone get into this business? Also, how do I get into this career? I think it'd be pretty cool. Plus, then someone would make a wikipedia page for you. Sweet!!

#9. Voice Over for Trailers - I guess technically this is different than the voice actor so it gets its own spot. I'd love to be the guy who does the voices for the movie trailers. It would be sweet to be able to see the movie before it comes out and then to be recognized by people as the guy from the trailer. I think there's like 4 of them out there plus you can do a geico commercial.

#10. Computer Programmer - Ha ha, just kidding Malone!

#10. That Guy Actor - You know who I'm talking about. It's that guy and you can't remember his name but you can recognize him from the movies he's been in. He's never the main character but always plays an important supporting role. And then once you see him in a movie on tv you automatically want to look his name up on imdb only to forget it later on. This is to you, Robert Patrick!(er... at least I think that's his name)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great list, real enthralling.

You should have gone to either the Thursday or Sunday Mets/Reds game. They were both sick. Who picks Saturday, honestly? Haha.

Yeah, we could definitely use some outfield help. Hopefully Church gets back soon, but he probably won't be as good I'm thinking. Bay would be nice to get, especially since I have his jersey now, haha. Tatis and Easley have been pretty sick for us over the past couple weeks, but that can't last for too long. I just hope we can take a couple from the Phillies. It'd be nice to get the outright lead and keep it for the rest of the season. Or maybe pull off another huge collapse. Either would be nice. We have a reputation to uphold.

Unknown said...

Oh, and I saw the Batman movie. It was definitely pretty good and one of the best of the series. I don't know if it's worth all the hype it's getting though. People are talking like it's the best movie ever. We'll have to wait until the slow pokes like Koho and P-Rot watch the movie so we can get your in depth analysis.

KOHO said...

You are going to be waiting forever for me to see it, as I have no desire to go. Can't wait to see you Roger!

Roger Kuhrt said...

Yeah, I don't think it's the best movie ever, but I really really liked it. I need to see it again for everything to sink in. Then I'll give my analysis and what should come, but probably won't, ha ha. Koho, I'd say I'm disappointed, but it's you. I wouldn't expect anything less.

It would definitely be nice to get Bay. I read that Church is eligable to come off the DL soon, but he won't come off it during the Phillies series. We need to take at least 2 of 3. Hopefully we can break our rep, but I doubt it. Here's to another heartbreaking finish!

Unknown said...

This blog is lame. When is Rob getting back?