Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Controller Is Down

Yeah, I agree I've been slacking off big time. I was just thinking to myself that I haven't been doing a good job this month. Oh well, I'll get it done, don't worry. This is a post that I've wanted to write a few times. When growing up and people ask what job you would want when you grow up, you know most boys will say I want to be a cop, a fireman or an athlete. I was just like that when I grew up. It's just that when you get older those dreams about jobs you'd like to have change. So, now that I'm "older" the jobs that I would like to have have changed. Here's my list of the top 5 jobs I would like to have.

#1. Writer - For a while now I've wanted to be a writer. I just think it would be nice to sit home and write for a living. I'd love to write books or maybe write for a newspaper, probably more the book writer than the newspaper one. Part of the reason for starting this blog was to keep myself writing. I like to do it and it just helps me out. Maybe finally I'll be able to sit my butt down and start writing one of the books I've been thinking about. We'll see what happens.

#2. Relief Pitcher - When growing up, I always wanted to be a superstar athelete. Maybe an ace pitcher or an all-star outfielder. Strangely now if I could be a baseball player, I'd like to be a relief pitcher. Just think about it, you work maybe 50 days a year and you make at least $500,000 and depending on how good you are, you could make like $3-4 mil a year. That's insane.

#3. Designated Hitter - Just think about it this way, you work like 162 days a year and all you do is go up and bat something like 3-5 times a game. That means that you "work" like 15 minutes a day. Who would want to do that? And you can make some nice money doing that, since what does Papi make, like $15mil a year?

#4. Baseball General Manager - Weird, 3 straight jobs about baseball? How many people growing up wanted to be a GM? Anyone? I don't think so. The only reason I made it baseball is because I don't want to deal with a salary cap. I understand that some teams can't spend as much as other(see Marlins, Florida and Royals, Kansas City) but still. Because of fantasy baseball I'd love to be able to put a team together and manage it. Yes, it's really stressfull but I think it would be really rewarding if you're able to build a championship team.

#5. Architech - Yeah, this is random but whatever. I like math and I think it would be fun to put that together to build buildings and things like that. This is one job that if I could go back to college and do it again, I'd look into being an architech.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah I think being a GM would be cool. You'd need a bankroll before you could even start that though.

Can you please elaborate on your writing? What types of books would you be writing? Do you have ideas on any books yet? If so, what are the titles?

Unknown said...

Corey Hart over David Wright for the All-Star write-in? Who the hell voted? Look at the season numbers and tell me Hart is better than Wright. Wright just needs a cooler persona, and a better name. Although it's probably a nice wake-up call for the Mets. Now they realize they're not a bunch of hot shits and need to actually perform to get respect.

Can we play San Fran for the rest of the season?

Roger Kuhrt said...

I wish all we did was play san fran. We'd be like 122 and 40, at least. Hopefully we can keep it going. We'll see. I wish David had made the all star team and it sucks that he didn't. I actually voted, which I haven't done before. Oh well. Maybe somewhere down the road I'll post some of my story ideas and then when someone steals them I can sue them 'cause they're on my blog! Woooo hooooo.

Anonymous said...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/allstar08/news/story?id=3483356

You can quit crying about David Wright now.

Unknown said...

Well I was actually OK with him not going, I just couldn't believe fans would vote for Cory Hart over him. He could have used the rest, but I guess it will be cool to see him hit a pinch hit HR off Rivera to win it.

Unknown said...

Baseball GM would be sweet, but I don't know if I would want all the pressure from NY or Boston. Maybe KC because they really can't get much worse.

Rivera is unhittable and you know it. The real question is how did Varitek make it? He's hitting .220 right now.

What about this whole Favre thing? Would you take him back if you were Green Bay or move on? I might give him one more year, but that's it. Aaron Rodgers is really getting hosed in this whole deal.