Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tuesday Night

Well, so I wanted to hand the World Series over to the Phillies but the rain decided to keep that from them. I don't mind. I don't think they deserve to have their title yet. I don't really have any good reason why just that I don't like the Phillies, ha ha. There's not much on tv so I'm watching the Great Outdoors, one of my favorite John Candy movies behind Spaceballs & Uncle Buck. The most believable part of the movie is that fact that John Candy's oldest son meets a girl one night, she treats him like crap, then he sees her the next day and then they're boyfriend & girlfriend even though he's leaving in 3 days. Nothing better than a 3 day gf. Maybe that would make life easier? The second thing is John Candy eating a 96 ounce steak.

What's so wrong with starting David Price? You're down 3 games to 1 and everyone knows Kazmir can't pitch out of the fifth because he throws too many pitches. Madden had enough confidence in him to pitch in game 7 to close out the series why not start him in game 5? If they had won they could have had Kazmir pitch game 6 at home on full rest & Shields game 7 on full rest with Garza coming out of the pen if Shields gets into trouble. I guess now it's okay because of the rain delay now you have all hands on deck if there's a game 7, besides Shields who will pitch game 6. Of course, this is if the Rays win game 5, which they won't. He he.

Well, onto making fun of myself for a little bit. I started my new shift yesterday. We have a webpage that lists our breaks & lunch. Well, I tried to get to the webpage but alas, it didn't work. So, I talked to my coach and he came over at like 9:30ish to give me my break schedule. So I had something on my lists of breaks that was new so I asked my coach and he didn't know. He checked and apartently I had an interview in about 15 minutes for a QA position. I had submitted a request to interview for this position last week but I didn't know if I would get one so it came as a surprise to me. Well, as you can guess I wasn't at my best in the interview and for a couple questions I didn't really know what to say. I was at a loss for words and it made the interview kinda funny. I can laugh at it now because I don't think I'd take the job if they offered it to me. I'm happy to finally get my weekends off and I don't think I'd get them off if I took the job so I'm not going to complain. So, the job search continues, but not that hard. Maybe someday I'll find a better job, maybe.

10 comments:

Roger Kuhrt said...

I found this list of the 25 most expensive colleges. Anyone else surpirsed at #5? http://consumerist.com/5069146/25-most-expensive-colleges-for-2008+2009

Unknown said...

Roger give up on your David Price argument, rule number one in baseball is that you should never put your entire season and the World Series on the shoulders of someone with zero regular season wins or saves unless there are zero other options.

The college list really doesn't surprise me, I know that school was expensive... I know a few people who went to Conn College but those rich families could afford it.

Unknown said...

Well it's that time of the week. Can you guys try and get some right this week? It's embarrassing how bad I'm doing in this pool. Anyway, favorites are on top, home team is in CAPS. Try and have picks done by 8 pm Thursday.

FAVORITE
POINTS
UNDERDOG

MINNESOTA VIKINGS
4 1/2
Houston Texans

Jacksonville Jaguars
7 1/2
CINCINNATI BENGALS

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
8 1/2
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

CLEVELAND BROWNS
1 1/2
Baltimore Ravens

BUFFALO BILLS
5 1/2
New York Jets

Arizona Cardinals
2 1/2
ST LOUIS RAMS

CHICAGO BEARS
13 1/2
Detroit Lions

TENNESSEE TITANS
5 1/2
Green Bay Packers

DENVER BRONCOS
3 1/2
Miami Dolphins

Atlanta Falcons
2 1/2
OAKLAND RAIDERS

NEW YORK GIANTS
8 1/2
Dallas Cowboys

Philadelphia Eagles
6 1/2
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
5 1/2
New England Patriots

WASHINGTON REDSKINS
2 1/2
Pittsburgh Steelers

KOHO said...

1. Broncos
2. Cardinals
3. Eagles
4. Titans

Boo ya

Unknown said...

I changed my strategy this week so maybe these will be better picks.

4. Pats over Colts
3. Texans over Vikings
2. Ravens over Browns
1. Broncos over Dolphins

Just for fun here's what I'd pick for the rest of them (with spreads):
Bengals over Jags
Chiefs over Bucs
Jets over Bills
Cardinals over Rams
Lions over Bears
Packers over Titans
Raiders over Falcons
Cowboys over Giants
Eagles over Seahawks
Redskins over Steelers

Unknown said...

FYI Roger I haven't had time to write a videogame preview because I've been too busy playing Fallout 3 which is quickly on it's way to being one of my top 5 favorite games ever

I almost don't have time for picks Perotti, but choose these teams to beat the spread: Vikings, Jaguars, Eagles, Lions

Thanks,
Rob

Unknown said...

I know out of the 3 sets of picks so far, I think I like Kohanski's the best. That's scary.

Malone what do you have against the Colts?

KOHO said...

I am trying to help Perrotti. I think I was the only one to take the time to think over my picks.

Unknown said...

Did the Colts beat the spread last week Perrotti? No they did not. I told you I was changing things up this week though. You are in the bottom of your pool so maybe you should have as well. We'll see I guess.

Rob, do you know who won the poker tourney?

Oh, and Perrotti, we saw a much better Sponge Bob costume at our Halloween party last night. It was homemade and was a legitimate square body. And of course a girl was wearing it. She put you to shame. Rob has a picture he can show you.

Unknown said...

Roger please break down the newly filed free agents. Here is the list:
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081007&content_id=3602498&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

I'd like to know where you think the big names are going and who the Mets will go after. I see that Oliver Perez filed as well. It would be a shame to lose your beloved Oliver Perez.

Oh, and speaking of your man-crushes, did you see that Mike Jacobs got traded to the Royals?