Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday

Soooo I've finally completed by last weekend that I have to work, until they screw me over on Wednesday and tell me that I have to keep my schedule. fun stuff. Today wasn't that bad until the end of the day when I had two crazy ladies call me and didn't really want to hear what I had to say or explain to them. I live by the theory that for every child a woman has they become 12% crazier. These women easily had 4 kids, that's how crazy they were. Well, I started to feel better today when I got home and saw the Giants were winning & the Cowboys were getting killed. That's a pretty good way to come home. How crazy was the bears-vikes game? When do those teams combine for over 80 points? Is Kyle Orton really this good? I liked Dan Orlowsky's(spelling is bad) game for the lines. He was like 11 for 24 for 260 yards. Didn't this team just trade their best wr? WTF?

Rob, if the Red Sox win tonight I invite you to write a guest blog for me and I will post it. If they don't then I will post something on Monday about how relieved I am that the Rays won and I don't have to watch them sweep the Phillies. Fair? Koho when did you get cool?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to the American League Champion Rays - Boston's offense just isn't the same without Manny, Lowell, and with Varitek and Ortiz toast.

Unknown said...

Sorry about the Sox Rob. Truthfully, the Rays are just the better team this season. They have been all season, both in the series against the Red Sox and with their overall record. I think they deserve a ton of credit going from worst to first. And they even did it without buying all their talent like the Marlins have been doing in their championship years. The fact that those young players were able to put up those numbers for an entire season is pretty remarkable. Plus they were able to do what both the 04 Yankees and 07 Indians were not, and that's put away the Red Sox.

I just hope the Rays don't choke now and beat the Phillies. Philadelphia fans don't deserve a championship in any sport.

Roger, what are you going to be for halloween? And do you have any suggestions for me?

Unknown said...

Odds that Roger is something related to Star Wars this (and every) Halloween: 65%

Roger Kuhrt said...

I'll put another post up later tonight after work. That game was insane. Malone I've always wanted to dress up like Waldo and be in as many pictures as possible so people could try and find waldo. Rob, I don't think I could dress up like anything Star Wars. I might take the easy way out and dress up like a doctor, just like Malone did at one of the Halloween parties at TicketNetwork.

Unknown said...

I agree with Malone on this topic. The Rays were just plain better. See the stats below from series.

TB vs. BOS
.252 BA .234
43 R 28
10 SB 2
16 HR 10
56 K 57
3.62 ERA 5.94

Also, I remember saying on Saturday night that the Rays should put in David Price. Rob disagreed. I believe I was right, Price is the real deal.

The scary thing about the Rays is that they are going to be good for a long time. That's not good for Yankees and Sox fans.

Unknown said...

Yes Perotti I agree with you Boston stunk in that series. Our offense was in disarray, with injuries and ineffectiveness.

Perotti which team do you think has more serious issues heading into next year, Boston or the Yankees?

Now how about the same question if you assume the Yankees will get Sabathia/Teixiera?

I think it's really close right now and I think the Red Sox might go into next season worse than the Yankees since the Yankees have more money to spend. I am really looking forward to seeing what each team does in the offseason - the Yankees will make some huge splashy moves and the Red Sox will do some more subtle things, like maybe finding Varitek's replacement (both if they do or don't resign him) and a possible David Ortiz insurance player. I also hope Boston keeps Kotsay, he is really useful in the outfield and at first base.

Koho, don't expect baseball talk to stop just because the season is over.

KOHO said...

I thought that we cold talk hockey now that the season is going.