Friday, October 17, 2008

Here we go

I wanted to post this on Monday but then I got lazy and then another topic popped into my mind so I was going to post that one but then Malone emailed me and I posted his, so these are the two posts that I was going to do. It might get kinda long so get a cup of coffee and let's go!

The first one:
Have you ever had a day where everything was going your way, you had a great day and were really happy but then something happens and then the day just changes? I had that kind of day on Monday. The day at work was pretty good, nothing to bad with the phone calls and at the end of the I found out that I got the new shift that I wanted, Monday to Friday 8am to 4:30pm so after 7 months I finally have my weekends free! Then I came home and I was able to watch the Rays take a big lead on the sox. And then it happened. I was tired so I took a nap. When I woke up things started to change. Well, at first they were good. By the time I woke up the Rays game was just about over, then I started to watch the Dodgers game and they ended up taking a big lead on the Phillies. I was also watching the Gmen play on Monday Night Football. Then things went bad. The Giants D couldn't do anything and Eli threw his second pick of the night. At halftime, though the Giants pulled in close. Only down 17-14 and getting the ball back to start the second half seemed like the usual Giants. The Dodgers were up 5-1 on the Phillies. How could things go bad? How could they? Well, the dodgers game up 3 two run homers and lost to the Phillies to go down 3-1 in the series and Eli threw a pick on the first drive to kill any hopes of a Giants comeback. Later on as the Giants were driving against down 31-17 into the Red Zone Eli threw another interception that was returned for a td. Just great. Honestly, how does something turn around that quickly. It seems like it just takes one thing, one thought, one action to turn everything around. Usually it doesn't happen to often. Well, this past week it's happened 3 times! There was Monday. It also happened on Saturday. With the Irish up 17-9 on UNC and getting the ball to start the second half I thought that the Irish had the game in hand. This was their first game against a team ranked in the top 25 and their offense couldn't be stopped. Then on the first play of the second half Jimmy Clausen threw a pick 6 and the irish were up 17-16. The game changed there and the Irish lost. Well, the bad luck continued last night. I didn't watch the beginning of the game. I was actually playing the new star wars video game until I beat the game. Then I turned the game on and watched the Rays go up 7-0 in the top of the seventh. Then it happened. I heard the announcers saying that Kazmir is going to be coming out of the game and I thought to myself, wouldn't it suck if the Rays lost this game because they took Kazmir out? So, I turned to watch something else and I got a text from a friend cursing Big Papi's name. 7-4 Rays. So I watched the comeback of all comebacks. ugghhhhhhhh. And now I'm scared that the Sox will come back and win the series. This would be the third time since 2004 that the Sox have come back from either a 3-0 or 3-1 deficit to take a series. We shall see.

The second one:
I got this idea from watching the Iron Man dvd. How did Robert Downey, Jr. turn his career around? Does anyone know how this happened? I remember when he was a big star when I was younger. And then he kind of went nowhere because of his drug and alcohol problems. And then all of a sudden he turned his career around. Now he's an action hero star? Where does this come from? Personally I think it started with the movie Zodiac. I really like this movie and I thought RDJ was really good in this movie. He was really funny and the movie was great overall. It was definitely a bigger movie than he had done in the past few years. From there he was in a little movie called Charlie Bartlett where he played a principal for a high school in Connecticut. He was great in that movie, too. Then out of nowhere he was announced as the guy to play Tony Stark & Iron Man. What? Hold on, what? Who would cast him as this role? I was definitely sure this was a mistake that would make this movie horrible. He'd never been a leading role in an action movie before. I was certain this was a huge mistake. And then I went to the movie. And I was proven wrong. The movie was awesome. It was by far one of my top 3 movies from this summer. He followed that up with a cameo in the Hulk movie(as Tony Stark) and then he made Tropic Thunder which killed in the box office, too. Sadly I have not seen this movie but I heard it was really good. I'm hoping to see it soon, either in the cheap theater or on dvd. Now he has two more big movies soon, one as Sherlock Holmes and the other is Iron Man 2. Talk about turning your career around.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Suck it up Roger.

The NFL lock games I picked were Jets, Titans, Colts, and Bucs. It was too risky in my opinion to pick the Bills and the Steelers are giving a decent amount of points and don't have Willie Parker. I get the sheet on Wednesday so I'll try and post it Wednesday night, but I need everyone's picks by Thursday night.

Also, Robert Downey Jr. came back in "Ally McBeal." Everyone knows that.

Unknown said...

Roger, we watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall last night at Perrotti's and it wasn't all it was hyped up to be. I'll admit it had some really funny parts and kept our attention. But at the end it got slow and stupid, especially with that gay play. I'd give it a 4 out of 5 stars on Netflix. It almost dropped to a 3 due to the male genatalia, but seeing Koho drool at the sight of it kept it at a 4.

Who the hell watched Ally McBeal? Perrotti you need a hobby.

Unknown said...

For maybe a year or two everyone thought Ally McBeal (or whatever her real name is) was so hot. Then we realized she was anorexic.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall was solid. It was very long for a chick flick/romantic comedy. There weren't enough boobs. There were some very funny one liners and sequences. I could also relate to the movie somewhat from my own breakup. I liked the stereotypical British rock star character. Couldn't they have covered up the main guy's private parts with a potted plant or something? Very courteous and thoughtful for Perotti to have stocked some Kahlua yesterday for Malone. Taco Bell was excellent.

Don't you wish you could hang out with us every weekend Roger???

KOHO said...

I don't think Roger could hang out with us every weekend. I think we are by far, way cooler than him and he could not keep up with us. Although if he hung out with us it would make us look much cooler when you put him next to us, but we already have Perrotti to do that for us.

Unknown said...

Haha

Unknown said...

Guys I really feel like there needs to be more discussion of what the Red Sox are doing on this blog - if this was the Mets or the Yankees you guys would be going bonkers. Are you guys baseball fans or not???