Thursday, October 23, 2008

Guess What?

So, I guess today is my birthday. I don't feel older or wiser, I just feel the same, ha ha. Can anyone guess how old I am now? Well, anyone besides Mike since we were born a couple weeks apart. Now onto other stuff:

So, I just woke up and I'm watching sportscenter now and they have a story about Tom Brady and he's having complications from his surgery on his knee. It looks like he might have to have his surgery done again and it could take months to fix everything. I'm wondering if something like this could end his career or at least keep him out of a lot of next season? Personally I didn't think he would be the same qb when he first got hurt(like Carson Palmer) but this could be much worse. I guess the Pats are going to have to draft a qb or sign someone in the offseason.

Well, I must say that I'm surprised that the Phillies won. Chase Utley came up huge in the first and Cole Hamels was pretty good. But, I don't count the Rays out. This kind of reminds me of the Sixers-Lakers(I think it was the Lakers, it could have been the Spurs) NBA Finals series when the Sixers took game one but then lost the next four. We shall see. Remember, the Rays lost game 1 last series and then beat the Sox in 7. Here's a little trivia for you. The last team to win game 1 and lose the next four? The Phillies in 1983. So hopefully we'll have a good series.

Here are my picks Perrotti, and they'll probably be really really bad.
#4: Ravens over Raiders - The Raiders are just bad and the Ravens d is good enough to shut down the Raiders. Plus the game is at home so that's an extra benefits to the Ravens. This game won't be close.
#3: Bucs over the Cowboys - The Cowboys are bad now. Romo isn't playing. They just lost to the Rams. Their offense isn't as good with Brad Johnson as QB. I think the Bucs will come in and shock the Cowboys.
#2: Bills over Dolphins - I think this game will be closer than people think. It's hard to win on the road, especially at a division rival and that's why I don't have as much faith in this game.
#1: Titans over Colts - There's something that I've learned about Peyton Manning over the years. Don't ever count him out. Just when you think he's down and out for the count he'll come out and pull a big upset. I could be completely wrong about this so Perrotti chose what you want to, but I think this game will be close and if you pick this as your four point game you might be sweating it out.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brady's injury could be catastrophic. If his infection is resistant to treatment, it could get to the point where they need to amputate his leg to save his life. That's obviously the worst case scenario, but it's within the realm of possibility. Either way, this could create a serious problem with him coming back to start next season.

Unknown said...

Roger me and Malone conferred and agree that your first 2 picks are pretty bad. Perotti, I'm sure you weren't going to anyway, but just to be sure - do NOT take Roger's pick advice.

I guess the Michael who posted yesterday isn't the same Mike since he is still posting using his old name. Mike are you a doctor? If you aren't, you must have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Anyway, I hope we hear from Michael again.

Unknown said...

Well happy birthday Roger. For your present I will send you your check for the HR league soon. My guess is that you're 29, but I could be wrong.

And yes, your picks do stink Roger. My picks are clearly the bees knees.

And Brady will never be the same so he should retire now. I can't say I feel bad for the guy based on everything he has, but I don't know him personally.

Roger, did you hear our halloween costumes? Rob is an Indian Brave (AKA Foxwoods Dealer), Perrotti is SpongeBob, I'm a whoopie cushion, and Koho is Popeye. We'll try to remember to take some pictures for you. You should go as a doctor though if you can't think of anything. That's what I was the past 2 years and it was awesome. I got all sorts of chicks.

KOHO said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KOHO said...

Happy Birthday! It's hard to make a guess on your age since you act 12. But I would go upper 20's to about 49. I honestly don't know how Maureen puts up with you.

Malone, do you have a small whoopie cushion that you can put under the costume to keep making noises?

Unknown said...

Oh yeah happy birthday Roger, I think it's 29.

If your 30th birthday is on a weekend, the rest of us will have to make a serious effort to come out there to celebrate with you

Unknown said...

Koho, I do not have a small one to put under my costume. My idea was to get one of those fart machines that I could just press a button and a fart noise would come out, but Michelle and Perrotti told me that was dumb. I think it would have been funny.

Perrotti, we do all this work to help you and you don't even tell us who you are going with this weekend? You better let us know tonight.

KOHO said...

I think you should have went with it Malone. You need an accessory for the costume. Who cares what Perrotti thinks, but I guess you kinda have to listen to Michelle now.

Unknown said...

Tomorrow night is going to be PANDEMONIUM

Kohanski, I broke down and bought the "upgraded" part for my costume, if you know what i mean

Unknown said...

Some NFL Picks:

Tampa Bay at Dallas:

The combination of no Tony Romo, and a low pressure system leading to excessive formation of cumulonimbus capillatus incus in the aether, spells certain doom for Dallas' attack.

Washington at Detroit:

A cold wind wafts across the rotten-fruited plains to Detroit, putting the chill on Jason Campbell.

Buffalo at Miami:

As Kant said "when we employ a concept of some type to describe or categorize noumena, we are in fact merely employing a way of describing or categorizing phenomena". Hence look for Pennington and the Dolphins to experience several different point scoring incidents.

St. Louis at New England

Change is ubiquitous and you cannot step in the same river twice. Patriots 20 - Rams 17.

San Diego at New Orleans

Cursed by the destruction of their stronghold, the Saints have been exiled to the nether-regions of the Isle of Britannia. Look for the Chargers to emerge with a hard-fought victory on foreign soil.

Kansas City at NY Jets

Mimicking their namesake crossing the Beringian Land Bridge, the Chiefs will arrive in their new land battered but not broken.

Atlanta at Philadelphia

If only Canis lupus familiaris had not split off from other canids 31,000 years ago, Atlanta could be Ron Mexicoed into victory this week.

Oakland at Baltimore

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. This can only spell victory for Baltimore.

NY Giants at Pittsburgh

Studying the dynamics of deep puddles can only lead to one conclusion. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a sinking feeling. Steelers 21 Giants 14.

Indianapolis at Tennesee

Similar to the wars between the Aesir and the Vanir, this weeks Titanomachy can only have one conclusion. A complete over-throwing of the old gods by the new, only this time, the roles are reversed.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I did stay at a holiday inn express last night. Then I heard a real Dr. say that stuff on the radio. And the poster who posted as "Michael" is not me. Welcome other Michael.

KOHO said...

I can tell this blog is recession proof, readership is up 20% this week.

Unknown said...

also, I think the fart machine is a good idea

Unknown said...

I appreciate all of your responses for the NFL picks. I studied them and added my own thoughts and came up with the "locks." I disregarded Roger's picks like we all agreed upon. Michael, I unfortunately made the picks on Thursday night so I was not able to add your insight.

4 point game - Bills over Dolphins (+ 1 1/2). This was pretty much a clean sweep, everyone is on the wagon with the Bills.

3 point game - Ravens over Raiders (+ 6 1/2). I don't see the Raiders winning 2 in a row and the Ravens are at home. The Ravens D should have it's way with the terrible Raiders offense. McFadden is the real deal though.

2 point game - Bucs (+1 1/2) over Cowboys. Brad Johnson is the starting QB for the Cowboys (I miss you Tony). Jeff Garica is still pissed Terrell Owens called him gay. Those are my reasons.

1 point game - Bengals (+ 9 1/2) over the Texans. The Bengals are due and 9 1/2 points is a lot to spot them.

Unknown said...

The fart machine would be a good idea, but we won't know all of the people there. It may be a more sophisticated crowd. They might look down on these types of jokes. However, they will very much enjoy someone who is dressed up as Sponge Bob Square Pants.

Unknown said...

OK Perrotti, so you say you disregarded Roger's picks and then went with 3 out of the 4 of them? How does that make sense? And then to top it off, you pick a team that hasn't won a game yet as a lock pick??? No wonder why you are at the bottom of your pool. Sometimes you amaze me.

Unknown said...

16 (17 now) comments in 2 days!!! And none were about Notre Dame football or network TV! I feel like this blog has really been revitalized since Michael started posting. Where are you from Michael? Your football picks comment was pretty wild. Do you know anyone else who would want to become a reader of this great blog?

Unknown said...

Well upon further review, Malone you are right. I hope Roger knows what he's talking about.

Bengals are due.