Monday, October 27, 2008

The cloud has cleared

So after a crazy weekend of sports it looks like the dust is about to settle and this is what we've learned this weekend:
Sorry Mikey but I don't think the Rays will pull it out. Personally I would have started David Price tonight because it would have been interesting to see him in a big game and then you could have Scott Kazmir in game 6 and James Shield in game 7 if it had reached that. It was nice for Carlos Pena & Evan Longoria to go a combined 2 for 109820980982 in the World Series, give or take a couple. I'll have to hand it to the Phillies, they deserved to win it. I never thought I'd say it. I guess it's nice for the NL East to be the World Series champs. Now if only the NFC East can repeat as NFL Champs(the Giants winning it again) and I'll be happy. Actually I don't think I can complain about football for at least 5 years, I believe that's the law.

I was surprised by the Giants game. First how badly they played in the Red Zone, then how good their front 7 are or how bad Pittsburgh's o-line is, then what a rollercoaster game Eli can give you from going from 4th & 1 to 4th & 6 to throwing that crazy pass to Amani and only to get a field goal from it, to then driving the G-men down for the winning td after the safety. It's nice to see the Giants beat another highly ranked team(personally if the offense was insynch that game we should have killed them. I'm not sure if I should give credit to the Steeler's D or get mad at the bad red zone offense.) Personally I think the Giants are the best team in the league. The Browns game was a bad game but the Gmen usually play blahly this time of year. We've got the hardest part of the schedule the rest of the season so we'll see what we're made of.

In college football it looks like Penn State has a clear ride to the national championship game if they can win out against easy teams. Who will they play? I'm not sure, it's hard to say. Personally I don't think it's going to be USC or Alabama. I wouldn't be surprised if the winner of the Georgia - Florida game makes it. Or the Texas - Texas Tech game.

Onto a non-sports topic I've listened to a bunch of new music and I must say that I'm not too satisfied with any of it. Mike, what do you think is the best music album of 2008 so far? Also Rob, can you email a guest post for the video games to look forward to for Fall 2008-Winter2009? That would be a cool post and something I'd look forward to read.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Roger the notion of starting David Price is just silly.

I can put together a videogame preview, but many of the good games have already come out (Fable 2, Far Cry 2). The most anticipated game of all - Fallout 3 - comes out at midnight tonight. Then soon you have Killzone 2, Gears of War 2, and Guitar Hero 4. Lots of sequels. I'll try to get you a detailed post on it this week.

Anonymous said...

While it may not be up your alley, my favorite musical album this year was actually released at the end of last year. Raising Sand by Alison Krauss and Robert Plant. It has yet to be topped by anything I've heard since. I like every song. I can listen to it any time. The arrangments are great, and their voices sound like they were always meant to sing together.

Unknown said...

For my money, it doesn't get any better than when Michael Bolton sings "When a Man Loves a Woman".

Unknown said...

I agree with Rob, starting David Price would have been a mistake.

This was somewhat of a half assed post Roger. So you are getting a half assed response.

I'm upset.