Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Few Quick Things

Sorry, I'd like to say I have a good reason why I haven't put up any updates, but I don't. Maybe I'll blame it on Malone, seems easy enough. Malone, how was the honeymoon? Are you back now? Did you take any pictures? So there were a few shifts that opened here at work. I applied to move to one shift that has Saturday & sunday off, which would be sweet. I miss having a normal weekend. I'll find out on Monday if I got it or not. I'm thinking probably no, but I should have a decent shot. I'm just pessimistic like that. They also have two other positions available at work, one is for QA so I think I can get that one. I just want to know what the schedule will be. It'll probably suck and so I probably won't take it, ha ha. I've also been playing a lot of the new Star Wars game for the ps3. It's pretty fun. You play as Darth Vader's apprentice and you just go around and kill everyone. I just pretend everyone is Koho. Rob, congrats on the Red Sox game 1 win in Tampa. That game could have gone either way but once again the sox prevailed. It's looking like the Phillies will choke in the world series. Good stuff. I'm not going to watch any more of this mess. It's like watching two trains close in on themselves before they crash and kill everyone. Oh well.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That's good Roger that your job situation is looking up. Let us know the outcome on Monday.

I think that me, Kohanski, and Perotti should have some kind of a running bet about who will be the next to have a girlfriend, or bring a girl to hang out one night. I really have no idea how we are going to accomplish this, it's just too difficult.

Also I haven't played the new Star Wars game - I've been pretty unhappy with Star Wars video/computer games for a long time. I really don't like the prequel movies or the 'expanded universe', which is what a lot of the newer videogames have been based on. The classic Star Wars is some of the best sci-fi material ever created - yet no one has made a great videogame based on it since either Dark Forces or Tie Fighter - over ten years ago. Games like Battlefront, KOTOR, etc. are fun but don't necessarily give me that classic Star Wars feeling.

On the Red Sox, I wonder if any other pitcher has ever walked three people to load the bases in the first inning, then ended up taking a no-hitter into the 7th inning. Having watched Dice-K all year, I still haven't figured this guy out. All I know is that he had an 18-3 record and our team is in the ALCS. We'll see how tonight's game goes - basically all of the Red Sox games this postseason have been low scoring on both sides. It would be fun to see a slugfest.

KOHO said...

At this rate maybe we will have 6 blog posts for October. Don't hold back Roger.

Unknown said...

We also need to get some more readers somehow, does anyone have any ideas?

Unknown said...

I think we should be concerned about keeping the readers we have now. I'm really debating if I should keep reading this blog. Roger, you really need to branch off into some other topics.

KOHO said...

Lets take bets on the next blog post topic:

A)College football, specifically ND
B)Post season MLB (while this topic is appropriate, we do not need it every post)
C)Star Wars, this topic is gay and should never be discussed again
D)NFL

Lets try to get some current events involved, copy cnn for all I care. At least I will feel like I am getting something out of this other than pure disappointment.