Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tuesday Lunch Boredom

Sorry about not writing yesterday but it was a hectic day with both the HR league draft going on and also trying to pull off a trade and trying to make people understand how it was legal. For all of those who are interested this is what was suppose to happen with the trade. I was going to trade Pujols & my first round pick (#6) to Bagley for Manny & his #1 pick(would have been Ryan Howard). Apparently Bagley didn't understand that he would have to have Pujols as one of his keepers so that blew up. It would have been great for me 'cause I would have kept Manny, Wright, Beltran & then drafted Howard 1st overall. You're telling me that's not an outstand core of guys to have on your team? Oh well, enough with that dream.

Last night I watched the season finale of October Road. In it, Nick, the main character's agent came and offered him a job to travel with U2 on their world tour and write about it. First off, this show is awesome. It's definitely gaining strength on my list of tv shows out now. Secondly, and the point of this article, who played his agent? None other than Bill Belamy. You know, I'm probably the only white guy to say this, but I really like Bill Belamy as an actor/comedian. He's really funny and I've enjoyed his movies & tv shows. So, I decided to dedicate this entry to all of the actors who are amazing but do not get the recognition they deserve.

In no particular order:
#1. Bill Belamy - How could I not start with the person who was the reason I thought of this? I remember when Bill Belamy was on mtv. He was one of the hosts for MTV's Beach House. I remember him on that and thought he was pretty funny. The he did 3 movies that I really enjoyed, How to be a player, Any given sunday, and Buying the cow. Now, most people won't know about Buying the cow, but that movie is soooooooooooooo funny. I've watched it sooooo many times and I still laugh at the same spots. I mean, how can you go wrong with Bill, Jerry O'Connell, Ryan Reynolds, Ron Livingston, Allysa Malanothe chick who was Mary the paralegal from How I Met Your Mother, and Pete Samprass' wife? It was awesome. Then he did the tv show Fastlane which lasted 1 season, but I really enjoyed it. And then he shows up on October Road and was really good. Why he's not making blockbuster movies with Will Smith, I do not know.

#2. Rob Schneider - Yes, most people know who he is, I get that. But it's not like he's the star of blockbuster movies making $300 million at the box office, is he? Watch him in the Hot Chick or any of his guest starring roles in any Adam Sandler movie and you'll know what I'm talking about. This guy is soooooooooo frackin' funny! Also, he really deserved to win an oscar for the Hot Chick. I don't know any guy out there who would have played a 17 year old hot girl any better. So please, the next time you see a Rob Schneider movie is coming out, go see it. You'll laugh. I promise.

#3. The guy who played Chunk in Goonies - Need I say more? Why this guy became an entertainment lawyer and didn't act in more movies is beyond me! I still can't stop laughing from the truffle shuffle. Ha ha.

#4. Eric Christian Olsen - Right now you're thinking, who is this guy? Which is exactly why he deserves to be on this list! Now to shed some light on the situation, he played the tall, thin, blonde German brother in Beerfest. (Ahhhhhhhh, I can hear everyone realize who he is now). Now here are some of the other movies that he's done a really good job in: License to Wed, The Hot Chick, the Last Kiss, Cellular, Dumb & Dumberer(he played Lloyd), Not Another Team Movie, & Pearl Harbor. I also enjoyed the character her played on 24. Okay, so he was in like 2 episodes during season 2, who cares! He played Mason's son who he got to see just before he died. It was touching.

Well, I'm just beginning on this list. I'll be adding more people to this list as I can think of them. Feel free to leave any that you think belong here.

No comments: