Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My Rant

Yeah, I decided to go with my rant about saved by the bell. I understand that it is 15 years too late, but whatever! Better late than never. Maybe tomorrow I'll post the topic that perrotti suggested. We'll just see how things go, ha ha. Also, less than a week until I start my amazing job at the dish network.

Okay, the biggest complaint that I have about the show is the whole Jesse & Kelly disappear for like 8 episodes in their senior year with no mention of them leaving and then they just return for the last episode where they graduate. WTF? Hello, can anyone explain this too me? Please. Then they bring in Tory and just expect us to roll with this? I don't think so! None of this makes any sense! You don't think Zak would have missed Kelly being around at all? Weren't they dating again during their senior year? Wouldn't Zak miss his gf? Wouldn't Kelly be upset about him dating Troy? And then in the last episode of the season when they graduate, there's no Tory? What happened, did she get shipped off to Valley? I just wish someone would write me and explain everything. Is that sooo hard? Jeez!

The next thing that annoyed me was how quickly they got rid of minor characters. You'll always have those nerds that kept on showing up, but whatever. What I'm talking about is Jeff, Slater's sister, Jesse's brother in law, Violet, that hot nurse that Zack hit on. Most of them lasted maybe 1-2 episodes. I think Violet was maybe in like 3 or 4 episodes. Come on, Screech has never dated a girl before and some how he gets Tory Spelling to fall in love with him. Don't you think he would have missed her at all? Don't you think he would have spent a month wondering how he could get her back at all? I'm pretty sure that he would have been depressed for like 2 months wondering why the girl of his dreams, and David Silverman's, dumped his sorry butt and moved to 90210! I know I would have since I was crushed for like a week when I found out some chick I had a crush on was dating someone else! I would have loved an episode of Screech pouring his heart out to Zack on the phone about how much he wanted Violet to tickle his pickle and then they could have come up with some dumb way of getting her back. Oh well.

I think that the writers had hit a jackpot when they had Jeff steal Kelly away from Zack. That was just great and I commend them for breaking up the "greatest couple ever". But did they had to shut down the Jeff & Kelly couple after one episode? Really, did they? You don't think they could have run with it for a few episodes and then gradually hint that Jeff was getting some action on the side when he was too busy for the sock hop? Oh well.

And what about Slater's sister? They spent most of that episode with Slater dealing with his anger issues about Zack dating his sister and then he agreed that they could date. And then what happens? Next episode she's gone! Couldn't they have added her in for the rest of the time? Would that have killed them to have another hot girl on the show? Would it have? Oi vey!

Honestly, I wasn't really upset about Jesse's brother in law leaving. Really, the only part of the first episode that I would watch was when they talked about the Mets game. Other than that I really didn't care. It just goes along with the producers killing off minor characters for no reason.

The last example is when Zack dated that wrestler chick and Jesse thought she was going after Slater. WTF? Why can't they keep a new female character? Is that too hard to do? Oh well, by the next episode Zack was dating some other girl, and most probably he was back with Kelly. How many times were the on and off? I'll put that at like 4 times.

Lastly what bothers me is when they would have something big happen and then kill it in the next episode. The one that always comes to mind with me is the one episode when Lisa & Zack dated when she was trying to put on a fashion show to get into college. Screech slipped out, ripped Zack's shirt, and then stormed out because he was pissed. Then, some how at the end Zack and Screech become friends again. WHAT?????? Tell me in what real life situation would you watch your best friend date a girl you were crazy about since you were 4 and be okay with it after the commercial break? Really, where in the world would this happen? I'll tell you where. No where! And the best part about it? Zack and Lisa aren't dating anymore after it! Just perfect. Well, that's about all I can come up for now. Maybe more later.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Either your memory is incredible, or you have been watching a shitload of SBTB recently. I loved the show, but I haven't seen an episode in 10+ years. So I can't really relate with you on any of these feelings. What I do remember that I liked a lot is that Zack could pause time and do whatever he wanted. That would be awesome if I could do that.

Roger Kuhrt said...

Well, sbtb is on from 7-9 am every morning so I used to dvr it, but then it would fill up my dvr 'cause there were sooo many episodes each week that i stopped recording them. plus, i have a really great memory about stupid stuff. it's a blessing and a curse. yeah, zack being able to pause time was cool. we need to figure out how to do that. TIME OUT!