Thursday, March 20, 2008

Cartoon vs. Movie - The Real One Part Duex

So, I was given today and tomorrow off so I get to sit and watch the ncaa tournament while waiting for my new job to start, which is nice. I've been training the person who took over for me the past week so I didn't have that much time to write everything in the blog. I could only get part of the cartoon vs. movie done yesterday so I'll finish the rest of it today. Hope you enjoy!

Justice League:
Cartoon - This one is right along the lines as the Batman cartoon. Which is to say that the cartoon is really good. I like how there were a bunch of good super heroes together, fighting together. The stories were done well and the drawing/coloring was excellent. I really enjoy watching this cartoon, even today. This was DC's taking back the afternoon cartoons from Marvel(If I'm correct, this came after the X-men cartoon). There was also the Death of Superman cartoon movie that I haven't watched yet. But I'm not sure if that would fall under the superman cartoon? Oh well.

Movie - Well, as you can guess there isn't a movie yet, for this cartoon. But it's in the works. They haven't cast anyone and it's been delayed because of the writer's strike. I think it'll be pretty good as long as they can come up with a good story, ha ha. The only question is who do you cast for Batman & Superman? You already have Christian Bale doing the new Batman movies and that guy who played Superman in superman returns and you also have the guy who plays superman in the tv show, Smallville. What do you do if you're the movie studio? Well, I think you have two options that make sense. You either hire Christian Bale and the guy from the superman movie, which would still be really cool because now you can do all sort of crossovers. I don't think you could really run with the guy from smallville. The second option that you could do is have the movie take place a lot later than when the other batman and superman movies take place and cast guys who look a little older than the people who are playing them now. Christian Bale's batman takes place when Batman first begins. It's an origin storyline. You could hire, I don't know, maybe Eric Bana to play Batman and then another older actor to play superman. It would make sense and wouldn't really screw up any storylines or really confuse anyone. But that's just my two thoughts.

Mario Bros:
Cartoon - Am I the only one who remembers this cartoon? I just remember they had two guys who dressed up as Mario and Luigi and introduced the episode. I remember they had a rap that started out as "We're the Mario Brothers and plumbing's our game." That's all I remember, he he. I think I like the cartoon, but I think it only lasted like one or two seasons.

Movie - Yeah, I bet you don't remember this movie. And the people who did see it probably wish that they didn't remember it. It was just a very very bad and dumb movie. I can't even really remember who was in the movie. I think Alyssa Milano was in it. Unless that was the Double Dragon movie. Well, knowing that the writers in Hollywood love to remake movies, maybe we'll get a remake of this? They couldn't make a worse movie..... or could they.

Spiderman:
Cartoon - I'll be honest with you, I don't remember much of this one. I know there were two cartoons. One was Spiderman and his amazing friends or something like that. And I think the other was the Amazing Spiderman. What I remember about Spiderman was that he was always making jokes. Now, does anyone remember the spiderman cartoonish show that was on MTV? I do, because I have it on dvd. That was actually really good. Doogie Howser was the voice of spiderman, Ian Zerling(Steve from 90210) was Harry Osbourn and Lisa Loeb(yes, the singer) was the voice of Mary Jane. Unfortunately there was only 1 season and it ended with a huge cliff hanger. I wish they would have made a second one :-(

Movie - You know, the first two movies were really good. I really liked them and I'm not really sure which one I liked more. What I liked about the first movie was that they really had a bad guy in it. What I liked about the second one was the plot and the character development. Doc Oc wasn't really a bad guy. I didn't really dislike him and hope that Spidey would get him. I actually felt sorry for him, which is kind of annoying for the main bad guy in the movie. Well, then there's the third movie, which was really really bad. And I mean really bad. It's soo bad that I won't even buy it, which is saying a lot coming from me!

He-Man:
Cartoon - Yes, another one from my childhood. I remember liking this cartoon and wishing that I was He-man. I think I thought it was cool just to yell, "By the powers of Grayskull, I Have the power!" or something like that.

Movie - Ahhhh, yes. He he, this was by far one of the cheesiest movies, ever! But I liked it. Nothing wrong with Dolph Lundren and Courtney Cox making a movie together. This is also another movie that I'm waiting for Hollywood to make a sequel. It could be pretty interesting.

Well, those are all that I can remember. Hmmm... if I can think of more maybe I'll write about them. There is one cartoon I'm waiting for a movie for. That is Zelda. Come on, you know you'd go see it. If they can make a Mario Brothers, Doom, Resident Evil, Silent Hill and Double Dragon into movies, they can turn Zelda into one. It could be really interesting and it could turn out to be pretty good. So, we'll have to wait and see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI, I thought the Superman/Doomsday cartoon movie was excellent. Check it out when you can.

Roger Kuhrt said...

Yeah I know. I feel bad for not seeing it yet, like I let down the whole cartoon nation.