Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Plaxico Tale

Well, as we've all found out today Plaxico Burress has played his last game for the giants. The Giants have suspended him for the rest of the year and he also can't play in the postseason. I would have been worried if the Giants hadn't been playing without him for most of the season. If fact, Burress really hasn't had that much impact this year. Plus, I think Hixon will be a better receiver than Plax but I will admit that not having Plax could be a huge blow and I'll miss having him on the team. He always seemed like a good blanket for the giants to use in case they were ever in an emergency. But, when you keep on getting into trouble like Plaxico has been it's just finally time to cut the cord and let him go.

Plaxico makes me think of the movie A Bronx Tale and one of it's themes, which is wasted talent. There is soooo much that he could have done, I personally think he could have been the best receiver in the league if he wouldn't let things get in the way. I understand why Pittsburgh let him go. I was happy about the signing but I feared that he would implode in NY. There just seemed to be too many distractions for him and now we know what happens. I can remember the good games that he would have, a couple years ago in Philly when the Giants came back from 17 down in the fourth to win in OT with a 45 yard td pass to Plax. I remember the playoffs and his Super Bowl winning catch. I'll never forget that, but I also won't forget all the trouble he brought. I'm just hoping that he doesn't rip apart the team. I don't think he will but you never know. Not only did he get himself in trouble but he could get two key players also in trouble. Only time will tell. Now I'm just hoping that Hixon can step up now and maybe we'll get a Mario Manningham sighting, which could be good. Maybe he can step up like Kevin Boss stepped up last season. What do you guys think about the Burress situation? Do you think the Giants did the right thing?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Roger you are going down in fantasy football this week