Monday, December 22, 2008

It's Beginning To Look Alot Like Christmas

Malone, why did you go to bed? Once the defense stopped the Panthers that one time I knew we were still in the game. That's the great thing about the Giants, they just seem to be able to make changes pretty well. I've noticed that a lot about this team. That game was insane though. I almost died of a heart attack twice in overtime, the first time when we went 3 and out and the second time when McQuarters muffed the punt. Personally, I was happy that the team got back into the game. I would have been happy with a close loss because the Giants are pretty good at getting teams back in the playoffs, especially on the road(see 2007-08 playoffs). But I was floored after Ward broke off those three big runs in OT. Pretty crazy. Here's my question. Who is the Giants MVP? Is it Jacobs? Eli? Ward? Feagles? It's pretty hard to say.

Well, since it is Christmas time I've decided to post my favorite Christmas movies, in no particular order.

#1. Home Alone - You know, even to this day I can still watch this movie. Not sooo much the second one, which isn't bad, just not as good. I've never sat through all of the third or fourth ones and I never will. But this movie was just really put together well, the story was a little absurd but still I could buy it. My two favorite parts will always be the end when he sets up to defend the house and when Kevin orders pizza and uses the movie to scare the crap out of the delivery guy. Sadly I still laugh out loud during those parts. What can I say? I'm an 8 year old trapped inside a 29 year old's body.

#2. Die Hard 2 - This one just beats out the first one, but just because there were more references to Christmas and there was actually snow. The plot was good, the actions better and the lines by Bruce Willis were great. This is a tradition that I'd like to start where I watch at least the first two Die Hard movies during the Christmas time. But honestly, I'll probably watch all 4 because I like them. Plus, we all know there's going to be a fifth movie.

#3. The Office Christmas Special(BBC Version) - Ahhhh, the office. Probably one of the top 3 comedies of all time, especially when you combine the British and American versions. I will say that I do like the BBC version just a tiny bit more than the American one. For those of you who don't know, the BBC version only consisted of two seasons(both 6 episodes long) plus a holiday special that was to take place a few years after season two ended. It was Christmas time and everyone was invited back for a catch up. I think one side reason why I like it sooooo much is because I remember when I was out in London for the Christmas-New Years in 2004(just before I started working at TicketNetwork) and one night before I fell asleep I was watching tv and BBC was running their list of the top 100 Christmas moments and the moment at the very end of the special was in the top 5. I must say that I do miss London and I can't wait to go back someday.

#4. All of those short Christmas clay figure movies - You know, the ones about Santa and Rudolph and frosty and anything to do with Christmas. I can still watch those at any time. I also like the cartoon one for How the Grinch Stole Christmas. These are just great movies that I can watch during this time. Not sooo much during the summer or any other time, but definitely during Christmas.

#5. Love Actually - Go ahead and laugh, I don't care, but I really do like this movie. I think what I really like about this movie is that its not your typical chick flick because not everyone ends up happy. I don't know why that makes me like it so much, but I do. I also like how so many of the stories intertwine and theres also a lot of famous people in it. Plus, Kiera Knightley's in it. You can't go wrong with that, he he. I think my two favorite scenes in the movie, and they go together, are Hugh Grant's speach sticking up for England(I love the lines about Harry Potter and David Beckham) and then his dance through his house after the song is dedicated to him. Just great.

#6. The Harry Potter movies - I don't know why they're on this list, but I'm always reminded of the movies when I think of Christmas. It's probably because they get played during ABC Family's 25 days of Christmas, but whatever. I like the scenes during Christmas in the movies, especially during the first movie and the third movie. Now, the movies don't match up with the books at all, but they're still enjoyable.

#7. The Muppet's Christmas Special - You guys all know this one, the one where the Muppets go away for Christmas and get stranded at this cabin with this old man and his dog and then the Fraggles are there and then Sesame Street shows up. Ha ha, just great. My favorite Muppet will always be the Swedish Chef. He makes me laugh.

Well, one movie that people might be surprised to not see on this list is the Christmas story and that's because I can't stand the movie. I'm not sure why, I guess it's the fact that TBS plays it non stop for 24 freakin' hours every year, but I just don't like it too much. Some other movies that make me think of Christmas that I should probably have on the list are the original Star Wars movies and the Back to the Future trilogy. I just always remember them being at tv when I was over at my Grandparents house and watching them after opening up presents. Maybe I'm making it up but I swear they were.

Lastly, I have an open invitation to you guys if you are interested. The US is playing Mexico on February 11th out here in Columbus. If anyone would be interested in going to the game at all you are more than welcome to stay at my place. I've already taken off the 11th and 12th so I would be able to pick people up from the airport if needed. Tickets haven't gone on sale yet but I do plan on buying a ticket when they do. Let me know if you're interested, I think it would be a fun game to go to, even though it will be bitterly cold.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Chumps.

Unknown said...

Perotti, what religion are you?

KOHO said...

I think he is Canadian.