Sunday, December 28, 2008

End of the week

So, Christmas has passed and the new year is coming shortly, the football regular season is just about done. I must say that I'm pretty happy with the way that Notre Dame finished its season by crushing Hawai'i. In case you missed it my boy Jimmy Clausen broke the ND bowl record for yards in a game and td's in a game, by half time. Ha ha. He ended up breaking the passing completion record also. Plus Golden Tate went off again. Just like Clausen he broke the ND receiving records for yards and td's in a game. It was just crazy. Plus, the Irish returned their first kick off for a td in forever(I think it's like 2003, but I could be wrong). I think this is the end that the Irish needed to propel them into next season.

I'm just waiting for the last game to finish before I write about the postseason for the NFL. There's just one game to go and it will decide the AFC West. I think the best part about this season is the fact that the Patriots won't make it to the playoffs. That makes me feel sooooo much better, he he. Let's just hope that the Gmen go on another streak like last season. The three teams in the NFC who scare me the most are the Falcons(because of their running game), the Panthers(they took the gmen to OT) and the Eagles(because they've been on a pretty hot streak and they destroyed the Cowboys). Oh yeah, I also love the fact that Romo sucked in another high pressure game and the cowboys are out.

I have one last funny story to tell. I went out to Pizzaria Uno's last night for dinner. We sat in the bar and our waitress was wearing a Tony Romo jersey. I was thinking of something funny to say but nothing great came up(I thought of saying, after I ordered, "oh yeah, and I'll take an Eagles win tomorrow" but decided I didn't want spit on my food) so instead after I paid for for the meal I wrote on the bottom of the check, Go Eagles! He he.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is the end
My only friend, the end

Of our elaborate plans, the end
Of everything that stands, the end
No safety or surprise, the end