Tuesday, November 18, 2008

OK, I'm not dead

Woooooooooooooooooooo, sorry it's taken me soooo long to write something but I was without internet for a while, I got it back on Sunday night but I've been busy so I couldn't write anything. There's been a bunch of stuff that's happened so I don't know if I can cover them all, or even remember them all. Ha ha.

I guess I'll start off with this. I thought the Giants looked pretty good on Sunday. It's always nice to put up over 200 yards rushing on the #1 ranked rush defense. I think the Giants are the only team to have 3 guys who can beat you in different ways. I was a little scared that Jacobs was hurt and going to be out for a while but it looks like he's okay. It was smart to rest him because when he got hurt we were already up a bunch. For a minute there I thought the Ravens were going to make a come back but then Ross got the interception returned for a TD and it put the game out of reach. How crazy would the superbowl be if the Giants were 15-1(I guess 17-1 with playoffs) and they played the 16-0(18-0w/playoffs) Titans? Would that be the best combined record for a superbowl? I think the Giants would win it because their offense is a whole lot better than the Titans and the defense is just as good. Could be an interesting super bowl.

Secondly, it was nice for my boy Brady Quinn to get his first win in the NFL last night. That was a weird game. It would have been funny if the Browns lost because they would have been the first team to blow 3 straight leads of 13 or more points. But, it looks like the Bills are still haunted by the Super Bowl as their game winning field goal went wide right, again. He he. What happened to the Bills? Remember when they were good and undefeated and on their way to cruise to the AFC East title and now they're at the bottom? Interesting how a season goes. Should they just tank the rest of the season to get a good draft pick?

I'll just say this about Notre Dame. We're looking bad. I thought we were going to lose the Navy game but the gods spared us another embarrassing loss. Wew! At least we have Syracuse this week before the USC game.

Who does everyone think will be the first big free agent to sign this offseason in baseball? It should be interesting. I'm thinking CC will go first, but it could be Texiera or K-Rod.

Lastly, what is the story that I missed? Can someone please fill me in?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're back. This blog is crashing quickly though. More content please.

Here is a question for everyone... do you like the MVP choices this season in baseball? I can't argue too much against either of them, but Pedroia just seems very strange. If you didnt' watch him all season you wouldn't know how valuable he was based on his stats. So a lot of voters must be east coast guys. No one else really stood out so that helped him. Plus I think it's dumb to have 2 candidates on the same team. That means that each of them is less valuable than they'd be on another team. Make sense?

I'll let Rob or Koho tell the scratch ticket story.

Unknown said...

NFL Picks

CLEVELAND BROWNS
3 1/2
Houston Texans

Buffalo Bills
2 1/2
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

TENNESSEE TITANS
5 1/2
New York Jets

MIAMI DOLPHINS
2 1/2
New England Patriots

DALLAS COWBOYS
10 1/2
San Francisco 49ers

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
8 1/2
DETROIT LIONS

BALTIMORE RAVENS
1 1/2
Philadelphia Eagles

Chicago Bears
8 1/2
ST LOUIS RAMS

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
3 1/2
Minnesota Vikings

ATLANTA FALCONS
1 1/2
Carolina Panthers

DENVER BRONCOS
9 1/2
Oakland Raiders

Washington Redskins
3 1/2
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

New York Giants
2 1/2
ARIZONA CARDINALS

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
3 1/2
Indianapolis Colts


NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
2 1/2
Green Bay Packers

Unknown said...

Redskins, Packers, Jaguars, Ravens

Scratch Lotto story when I feel like it

Unknown said...

4. Giants over Cardinals
3. Bills over Chiefs
2. Bucs over Lions
1. Colts over Chargers

Others:
Ravens over Eagles
Browns over Texans
49ers over Cowboys
Rams over Bears
Jets over Titans
Pats over Dolphins
Vikings over Jags
Broncos over Raiders
Panthers over Falcons
Redskins over Seahawks
Packers over Saints

Anonymous said...

So, Heilman is demanding a spot in the starting rotation or a trade. Thoughts Mets fans?