Thursday, November 20, 2008

Interesting

Hmmmm... thanks Mikey for that post about Heilman. I remember is 2006, when he was good, that he wasn't happy about being put into the bullpen. He was a starter at Notre Dame and in the minors and he wanted to go back to that. Unfortunately he was never really good as a starter with the Mets, that's why they put him in the pen. Then he got good. Now he's bad. I would have no problem with the Mets trading Heilman as long as they got something back. Depending on how things go, I don't think there'll be a spot in the rotation for him, but you never know. I think the Mets should wait on him until we get closer to spring training and see what the Mets do with free agency. If there's a spot, I think I'd be okay with him in it as long as there's a backup option. If not, trading him would be okay with me.

I'm not sure if anyone watched the UFC ppv on Saturday. I forgot to write about this so I'll do it now but Brock Lesner won the heavy weight title and is now the champion. He's only fought 4 times so far in UFC so I'm not sure if he 100% deserves it. I think he's improved a lot and I think he'll be almost unbeatable in a year or two but right now I think someone could take him down. I think he'll always be contending or holding the title while he's at UFC. What do you guys think?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The Mets would get very little for Heilman at this point. Putting him the in rotation would be a terrible idea. He hasn't been good in the bullpen, why would he be good in the rotation.

Did anyone see the highlights from the Arizona vs. UAB college basketball game? I think there was one of the most bonehead plays ever in this game (there was actually two but the last one is the worst). The last one is at about the 3:40 mark, it's tied by the way.

Here's the clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a11Kn41Uc4M

Roger, the reason why Brock Lesnar got a title shot was because he's a huge draw. They got a ton of pay-per-view buys because of it. Also, the UFC Heavyweight division is somewhat weak hence why he got a shot. I don't see him beating Nogueira.

Unknown said...

As far as Heilman goes, I'm happy he's making a stink now because it's more likely the Mets will get rid of him. They do not want him to be a starter and neither should any Mets fan. Sure, he's been better in the past as a starter than releiver, but after seeing him for several seasons now I just don't see him turning it around the way Pelfrey did. That being said, if he's back next season I'd rather see him as a 5th starter than a setup man.

Also, Chase Utley just ruined my team next year in the keeper league. I still have to keep him and hope he comes back before June, but that's gonna hurt. If anyone would like to make a trade offer I am all ears. Obviously I would need a keeper caliber player in return.

Unknown said...

In that clip the announcer kept saying that the player who made the last stupid foul must have thought that "a play was on". I have no idea what he means by that. Can someone please expalain? What sort of play would they have in a tie game that would make the kid foul? I thought that he just didn't know the score and fouled because he thought he was behind. But apparently there was some "play"? Am I just dumb?

Unknown said...

I have no idea what the play was that they were talking about. Maybe if the guy made the shot then they would foul or something. That still doesn't make much sense to me.

I found this explanation.

According to players following the game, Arizona’s coaching staff was focused on the game’s final play and did not address score or “not” fouling following a Wise make or miss. Knowing what just happened less than 30 seconds prior with Fogg’s foul, it’s an oversight that should not have been overlooked. While we love to think that players should know time and clock at all times, the waning moments of any basketball game are oftentimes so frenzied that simple reminders like “don’t foul” are necessary. Still, I’m not blaming the coaches here or anyone else for that matter because it was a truly crazy final minute of action that seemed to fly by at a surprisingly alarming speed.



Additionally, UAB had just attempted a free throw and missed not more than 17 seconds earlier so perhaps Horne thought that they had converted it to go up by one. Finally, UAB’s Delaney III grabbed the rebound cleanly and was on a true breakout up the sidelines with 2.5 seconds still on the clock. At a minimum, he would’ve reached the half court line for a better-than-average desperation heave. Horne had just seen Delaney III whiz past him and instinctively dove to foul him. He did, grabbing his jersey for a clear intentional foul.

It was still a ridiculous foul.

Unknown said...

Yeah strange ending.

Perrotti, who were your football picks this week?