Friday, September 26, 2008

What a night!!

What a night it was last night. I just can't believe what went down. First off, I'm glad Malone smacked Rob down. You can't say the Mets would have lost because at worst the Mets would have tied it with Delgado on Second, Beltran on first and Church up who already had 3 rbi's on the night. Who's saying he doesn't come through and win it? But anyways, that was a great slide by Church and then an even bigger hit by Beltran. I couldn't believe it and I watched both plays on mlb.com like 10 times each. That was a classic Mets win to come after a classic Mets loss. Now we're down to the final 3 games with Pelfrey & Santana pitching two of those games. Also, I think the Brewers are going to play the Cubs in the last 3 games, so that'll be difficult for them. It's going to be very interesting. Also, the brewers win was insane with a walk off grand slam to win it. Stupid Pirates.

Also just as big last night was USC losing to Oregon State. I love whenever USC loses. It's just great. It also messed up the national championship, which is just as great because maybe people will realize that we need a playoff system finally.

Rob, wouldn't march madness be a worse time for you guys than this time? I just remember it sucking because peoples tickets would go into the wrong category because in the first two rounds you could buy tickets for the first game or the second game or both games and the tickets would always go in the wrong area. Ha ha, I'm glad I don't have to mess with that anymore!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Roger I don't think Malone smacked me down. I think we were discussing a point and I don't believe anyone took it personally until you just did. I would have said that the baserunner was outside the basepath whether he was on the Mets, Mariners, or Red Sox. Another Mets fan I spoke to today also believed he was outside the basepath.

I'm glad baseball doesn't use instant replay for stuff like that though, it would be too much.

But anyway, the baseball playoffs are much more stressful than the NCAA Tournament for me at work because there is a lot more money at stake here and things are much more uncertain. For the NCAA, you get a TV show that tells you where everyone will play and when - for baseball, I have to worry about all these crazy scenarios.

KOHO said...

Rob, I do not want any complainers coming over tonight. Its not like you have to stand for 13 hours, 2 days a week.

Why do I feel I am going to regret that last statement.

Unknown said...

Guts, that's the reason why Uconn won last night.

Rob and Malone are crybabies, by the way.