Thursday, September 25, 2008

Okay I'm Back

Okay, sorry about not really responding much this week, its been such an up and down week that's its distracted me a little bit. So lets get on with what's going on.

First off, Rob there is no way in Hell I'd ever root for the Red Sox again. I actually rooted for them against the Yankees in 2003 and they let me down. Then came 2004 and all of the bandwagon fans and now I actually hate the Sox more than the Yankees. If, unfortunately, the Mets do not make it to the playoffs then I'm cheering for the Rays to win it all. That's who I'm going for.

Last night I had softball. It was okay. We mercied the other team in the first game but in the second game we lost. I'm not even sure how we lost that second game. Well, actually I do. We did the dumb thing and threw the ball around when they had people on base and they ended up scoring like 7 unearned runs because of this and we lost by 6 so there you go. I actually played well this week and for the first time ever I batted lefty and I actually hit a pretty good single. It was a hard shot straight up the middle. I think I'm going to keep on trying to bat lefty and see how it goes.

Now onto the mess that is the Mets. That was an absolutely horrible, horrible loss. I only got to watch until the Mets gave away their 5-1 lead. When I got back from softball was when the bottom of the 10th started so I was happy that I missed most of the crap. Once again I'm really starting to hate this team. I don't hate them like I hated them last year. This team actually looks like they want to play where as last year it seemed like they didn't really care. Delgado's grand slam was awesome but then they just sucked the rest of the time. I don't get it. Oh well.
Lets hope that Harden gets hurt early on and we can get to their bullpen tonight and maybe Pedro can come through. I doubt it, but oh well. Malone, we need a new bullpen. Release all of them and sign new players. I can't wait to see the free agent list and see who the Mets should get and who Omar won't get. I don't get the 4 year extension? Why didn't they wait until after the season?

Rob, I don't think there are a lot more Pats fans than Giants fans in Ct. I think it's pretty even and also when you get to southern ct there area more Giants fans than Pats fans. But, it doesn't really matter because the pats will be horrible this year, Randy Moss will take the season off, and the Giants will have a good year. It's kinda scary that the 3 best teams in the NFL are in the NFC East. Where did this come from?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah Minaya's contract extension is really a head-scratcher. Was his contract up after this season? I assume it was.

What could this man have told ownership that convinced them to give him four more years? That's a really long time to someone who has not produced great results, especially given the amount of money he can spend.

Looking forward to seeing you again next weekend Roger - is Maureen coming????

Roger Kuhrt said...

Well that was a crazy game by the Mets. Church's slide to avoid the tag to tie up the game & Beltran coming through in the clutch. Solid win by the Mets. Now let's hope the Pirates win, but I doubt that'll happen.

Also, No Maureen is not coming. She's actually off on the weekend but she's not coming. In fact her cousin is getting married the same day so if she was to come back to CT she would have gone to that wedding.

Unknown said...

It appears that Church went outside the basepath - meaning the Mets should have lost that game. But hey, the Mets did come back so give credit where it is due.

Also, you guys have no idea how much rainouts, late playoff clinchers, and other sports stuff sucks for me at work - the last week in the MLB season and the playoffs is the most stressful time of year for me

Unknown said...

Baby want his bottle Rob?

Church's effort last night was great. I don't think I've ever seen anyone called out for being out of the basepaths around home plate. That's the one spot where you are allowed to go around a fielder. Church made a great effort and was rewarded for it.

That's why I can't give up on the Mets though. Cause after every tough loss, they always bounce back with a big win. It's frustrating, and I know they won't win the World Series, but I still gotta watch them.

Rob, imagine if you still had Manny and he was playing like he is for the Dodgers? If only...

Unknown said...

I'm not done yet...

Rob, even if Church was called out for being out of the basepaths, they still would have at least tied the game in the ninth, so you can't say they should have lost.

But I was also thinking that there are 2 possible World Series matchups that I would love to see if the Mets don't make it:

1. Cubs vs. Rays - Cubs have had a lot longer drought than the Rays, so I would prefer if they won. Plus everyone shits on the NL, so it'd be nice to see an NL team win again. The Rays would just be nice because then we could rub it in every Red Sox and Yankee fan's face for the next 50 years.

2. Dodgers vs. Red Sox - This is HIGHLY unlikely, but it would create some great drama. Torre back in the playoffs versus the Red Sox. And even better would be watching what Manny does against the Sox. I think he would absolutely tear it up if that happened. I'd actually watch every game of that series.