Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hola

Well, well well. Thanks to everyone for the comments. It's nice to see posts that have 10, 12, 15, 17 comments on them. I was going to post this yesterday but I was tired so I'm writing it today, plus I'm going to add a couple things so this should be pretty long, which should make Rob happy. See, look, I'm trying to make my readers happy. Don't let anyone say I don't try!

Anywho, I just got back from the dentist, which always sucks because I grind my teeth and they're really really worn out(I do wear a mouth guard) so it sucks going there. So, that was fun. I'm playing in a fall softball co-ed league. The weird thing is I'm actually playing with girls who know how to play. That's never happened before, usually I play with one girl who knows what she's doing and the rest just suck. The guys on the team are pretty good too. Funny thing is last night we had one guy who actually started the inning and ended the inning striking out. It's a one pitch league, but still. The first time he was looking and the second time swinging. I thought Koho was out there. We won our first three games but last night we got killed. It's okay, we're 3-1 and probably one of the better teams in the league. I was sucking at hitting in our first week but I hit a little better last night. In our two games I was 3-5, 2 doubles, 2 walks, 3 runs, 3 rbi's. I'm also playing the outfield, which I played for the first time last year. I'd like to pitch but the coach has this one girl pitching, she's pretty good but she got pounded in the last game. Personally I think I would have done a little better just because I've learned how to pitch inside and outside to hitters. Of course knowing me I would have given up 40 runs(sadly wouldn't have been the first time), but still. I'd be nice to go out and pitch a game or two.

Work hasn't been too bad. I think I said this before, but it's like being an account manager at TicketNetwork only no Logmein (sniff, sniff). I'm still going to look for a new job but only if the job pays more than the one I have now. Or, if I can get a human resources position. I wouldn't mind going into HR. Maybe I'll get lucky and another HR position will open up at work. Doubt it, but we'll see.

Just like Malone said, I knew that Wright had struggled in the 9th inning. I remember watching the game right after Willie was fired and Wright had 1 hit in the 9th inning. Then he went out and got the game winning hit. I think another reason why people don't pay as much attention is the fact that Arod makes $20 million more than Wright. Also Mike, remember how you made fun of me for saying that the Yankees should have gotten Miguel Cabrera and how Arod was such a better player than him. Well, let's compair stats again, because well, I find it fun. Miguel's stats first: 291 average, 33 hr, 116 rbis, 74 runs, 32 doubles, .353 obp, .535 slug. Arod's stats: 308 average, 33 hrs, 95 rbis, 99 runs, 32 doubles, .398 obp, .588 slug. Arod has him in a couple categories but not by much. Plus Cabrera is like 7 years younger and has won a world series. Just thought I'd put that out there. Also, you guys have the highest payroll and you're in 4th in the AL East. I really don't know if Cashman will have his job past this year because of what the team has done, the players that he's signed and not trading for Santana. Andy P had a great start to the season but he's struggled lately. Depending on Mr Kennedy, Kennedy & Phil "Howard" Hughes failed, miserably. Giving Arod way to much money for way too long, I just don't see how you can keep him.

Now, here's the Notre Dame portion of the blog. Last week's game was horrendous, but you know what I'm still feeling positive about this season. I think they can still win 10 games and hopefully will go to a decent bowl game. The offense was horrible for the first 3 quarters but they picked it up in the fourth. Hopefully they can take that and run with it for the rest of the season. I really like Jimmy Clausen. I think he'll be the best qb to ever play at ND by the time he leaves to go to the NFL. I remember when Brady Quinn was at ND for his freshman & sophmore years and he played well but I think that Clausen is just more advanced, more confident than Quinn. Now, if Brady had had Charlie Weis as his coach his first two years I think both him and Jimmy would probably be in the same stages. Unfortunately Brady had to deal with Willingham. I don't know why people think the Irish will lose to Michigan because they played close to SD State. Look what Michigan's done. They lost at home to Utah and then barely beat Miami of Ohio. Not exactly a hard team to beat. Now they have to go to South Bend and they're suppose to win that one? I don't think so. So, we'll see what happens. Or, at least I'll find out after I get back from the Mets game on Saturday.

Back to baseball for a minute. I forgot to put this in the past paragraph and I don't feel like scrolling up to it so here it is. That was a HUGE series by the Rays. The last two games were crazy and I think they'll win the division and I can see them going to the World Series. When Carlos Pena got up in the 14th I knew he was going to hit a hr to win the game. Timlin wasn't pitching well and he was keeping his pitches up. What was Francona thinking or was he asleep again? My vote is he was asleep. Now the Rays struggled for a little bit but remember they do have Evan Longoria-Parker & Crazy Carl Crawford coming back. This will be the boost they need to help them get to the World Series. Just you wait and see. Also, Malone is wrong about not needing a closer. Can someone tell me the last time a team won the World Series by going with a closer by committee?

Now lastly for the first time since the Pats won their last super bowl I'm going to be cheering for the Eagles in a game. That's because they're playing the Cowboys and I can't stand Jessica Simpson trying to talk trash about something she doesn't understand. I can't wait for her and Tony RoNo break up.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rog, Although I declared that I'm done defending A-Rod, it still doesn't mean I'd rather have Cabrera. Great, he can hit, but you neglected to mention that he's fat and can't play defense any more. And the fact that he's 7 years younger and already a defensive liability does not give me much confidence. The Yankees aren't exactly short on first base/DH types. Next year it looks like first base will be a platoon of Johnny Damon, Hideki Matsui, Jorge Posada, Shelly Duncan, Wilson Betemit, etc... Unless they go after Texieria. Then the rest of those guys can go screw. You also continue to use the $ argument. I don't think it holds water. They spend what they spend because they can, and it's not keeping them from signing other people. And history has proven that a high payroll does not equate to championships. What it does do is increase the odds that you'll be in contention. Here's the bottom line as to the failure of the yankees this year. No clutch hitting. And it was across the board. Sure, the pitching staff was decimated by injuries and inexperience, but the replacements did a respectable job. Timely hitting was the key issues, and to a man, the whole team struggled. When guys would get on base, The mighty Bronx Bombers would turn into the Little Sisters of the Poor. Jeter and A-Rod seemed to have a running cometition to see who could hit into the most double plays. Anyway, the team is dead to me until the spring.

Re: Cashman, I still think you're wrong. If he leaves, it will be on his terms, and likely for another job, such as the Phillies job that is being vacated after this year.

Lastly, Donovan McNabb is on the trading block in the family league. All reasonable offers will be considered.

Unknown said...

Roger one hole in your agreement about Cabrera and A-Rod's stats is that you forgot to mention Cabrera has 553 Abs this year compared to 468 for A-Rod. Do you remember he was hurt?

I think my 2nd favorite team is now the Rays. Sometimes it's nice to see the underdog do well. I wish the Royals did this once in the last 15 years.

Also, I don't know why Malone gets all fired up about the Mets. You can't argue with the success of the Yankees as a franchise.

Unknown said...

Perrotti, why do you keep changing the topic? No one has been claiming that the Yankees are not a successful franchise. Find one spot where I even hinted at that idea. I was defending your claim that since the Mets made no mid-season moves, they have no chance at winning the world series. You can't use the Yankees as an example of that, because they have been spending a lot of money and haven't won since 2000.

Please pay more attention to the topic at hand.

And if it was the Rays and the Yankees 1-2 in the AL East, they would not be your 2nd favorite team. You're one of those douchebags who buys one of those shirts that say "I have 2 favorite teams... the Yankees and whoever beats the Red Sox".

KOHO said...

Ladies, please calm down. I don't want you guys breaking up before the wedding, I really want to hear Perrotti's speach.

Unknown said...

Yeah like Malone indicates, all indications are that Perotti is a huge douchebag - due to his dubious baseball opinions and his status as "That Guy" who vetoes all trades not involving him in all of his fantasy leagues.

That being said, Perotti and Koho, I still need a place to sleep after Malone's wedding, if you read the last blog post - do you think I can crash with you guys?

KOHO said...

Rob, we can just split the room three ways. Perrotti has one booked already. Word of caution about the stag, its a little confusing on how to get there, so give yourself a few extra minutes just in case.

Unknown said...

Malone is a real tough talker on Roger's blog. Also, I veto every trade in the baseball league because certain people veto every one of my trades in the league.

The Mets haven't won since 1986. My point is they have money they should have spent it to get some bullpen help the last two years and they haven't. The End.

Rob you can stay in our room for the wedding, but you have to sleep in Kohanski's bed.

Unknown said...

I'm so fucked up right now.

KOHO said...

Malone, did you actually go home and the first thing you decided to do was post on Roger's blog? That's dedication. I thought you would have taken Michells'e's keys and go to Taco Bell.

Unknown said...

That is just sad.

Who's ready for two Mets games?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You know it.

I'd just like to point out that after trash talking the Mets bullpen, Perrotti just went and picked up Luis Ayala