Friday, September 5, 2008

Let's Get Ready for Some Football!!!

Holla!

Okay, I've been a bit slow this month so far, but it's okay. I'm going to pick it up. Koho, I like the idea of a live blog from Malone's stag party. I think what I might do is bring a notebook with me and write down notes and the times that they happened and then post them on Saturday after the Mets game. We're still going to the game, right? How much do I owe and who do I pay for the tickets? Can I use my winnings from the home run league to pay for it? You all know I'm going to win, so you might as well pay me now, biotches!

This seems like a big sports weekend. We have Mets-Phillies, ND's first game, the Giants first game last night. Can it get any better? We'll see. Now onto the important stuff.

Giants Football preview - Here is the rule about winning the Super Bowl, you're not allowed to complain for the next five years. With the way the Giants won this past SB it should be 10 years. That was the greatest game I've watched so far in my life, better than when the Gmen beat the Bills. Better than when App State beat Michigan. Better than ND over Florida State. Better than watching the SEC stomp all over Ohio State. Even better than the Diamondbacks beating the Yankees. Now that's saying alot, ha ha. So, I really don't know what to expect this season. Last night's game was a snoozefest. You could have stopped watching after the Giants 4th possession because neither team did anything. I really really like the Giants defense and I hate to think what they'd be like with Osi out there. I don't think a team could score on us if Osi was out there. Of course this was a really bad Redskins team out there. They didn't have it together and looked bad all night. We'll know how good this defense is against the Cowboys when we play them. I liked the offense, I just think they're a little rusty. I was frustrated all night because we should have scored at least 35 points against that defense. The first four times we had the ball should have ended with a td but we just couldn't do it. At least we got the win. After last season, it really doesn't matter who wins the division, it just matters if you make it or not. I think the giants have a great chance of making the playoffs again but I also wouldn't be surprised if we went 7-9, so we'll see what happens. I like what Eli's done, but I think he needs to settle down a little bit. Also, where was Bradshaw last night? I watched the first half at a bar so I don't know if he was hurt or not, but come on. That guy was money last year! One thing that's really nice about the Giants is the fact that we have 1 great rb and 2 really good rb's. That should be our strongest position all season.

Now, onto Notre Dame football. Watch out guys, I'll probably write more about Notre Dame than the Giants. As everyone knows last year was bad. I thought it was going to be bad, but not that bad. And this year a lot of people think we'll be just average, most saying we'll win 6 or 7 games. But I'm here to say, the Irish will win at least 10 games, maybe 11 or 12. Now, the reason for that is the fact that the schedule is sooooooooooooo bad and most of the teams that beat us last year are worse this season. Honestly, we should have had this schedule last season, not this season. The only team that I think should be favored overed the Irish will be USC, the rest of the teams shouldn't be. I'm looking for Jimmy Clausen to have a HUGE season this year. Also watch out for Golden Tate, Duval Kamara & Curt Floyd at wide receiver. I really like our group of guys and think they'll put up big numbers. I also really like Kyle Rudolph at TE. He was the #1 ranked TE recruit in the nation last year and he'll be starting so we'll see what happens. I'm just wondering which running back will come through this year. We've yet to see one show that they will be the #1 back, but I have my money on Robert Hughes. I liked him at the end of the season last year. Now, I can also see the defense coming up big this year. I really really like our linebackers, with sophmores Brian Smith and Kerry Neal leading the way. Smith is a start and I think later in the season Neal will be. Also we have Maurice Crum coming back, which is big. Our secondary is really solid as they were in the top 5 ranked secondaries last year, which I was actually surprised about. I can see big things this year and lets hope the Irish will win a bowl game this year. Malone, are you ready for Irish football again???? I am!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry Roger, I don't care about Irish football. Only if there was fantasy college football would I care about individual players.

Next weekend is gonna be off da hook. Probably not, but it's just fun to say. The tickets were just $20 I think, so if you win the HR league, and you should at this point, I will simply give you $30 less than what you would normally get. (you still owe me $10 for the football league)

Some good news came this week though Roger, and I don't think you've heard yet. Koho finally came out of the closet. We'll have to celebrate that next weekend as well.

KOHO said...

Why do you need to make unprovoked attacks on me Malone? I will shut you up when we play World Cup 98 tonight. Maybe you should go clean your toliet.

Unknown said...

That's not much of a football preview Roger. I'm really just disappointed in you.

Anyway, here are my unbiased yet also somewhat biased picks for this year.

AFC East - Pats
AFC North - Steelers
AFC South - Colts
AFC West - Chargers
Wild Card - Jaguars
Wild Card - Jets

NFC East - Giants
NFC North - Vikings
NFC South - Panthers
NFC West - Seahawks
Wild Card - Cowboys
Wild Card - Saints

Giants over Colts in the Super Bowl aka the Manning Bowl.

Also since Roger likes college football, I'm going with USC over Florida in the championship game.

Malone, it's very childish to take shots at Kohanski.

Unknown said...

I also condemn malones attacks on koho

Unknown said...

Roger, your thoughts on Brady's devastating injury???

Unknown said...

Perotti, the Yankees are 8.5 back in the wild card - are you ready to adjust your playoff predictions?

Also Malone good win in fantasy football this week, your team had a great week. I wish Ocho Cinco, Heap, and Ted Ginn scored more than 5 points combined, then it would have been close. Luckily, we will meet again

Unknown said...

Rob, it's not over till it's over, however, it is not looking good.

Brady's injury = Karma

No predictions for football? I really don't know why I even look at this blog anymore.

Nice trade in the football league Rob. It was so good I voted to veto.

Also, I think you missed your chance on Cliff Lee, he is completely unstoppable.

Unknown said...

Haha, Rob knew you would veto it. Just cause it's Rob getting the good deal, and not you Perrotti, I will not veto it.

My team is unstoppable, and I have a trade in the works to make it even better. Watch out now.

Unknown said...

perotti, you are officially "that guy" who vetoes everyone elses trades just because he can. Congratulations, you are really really cool