Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What I'm looking forward to...

Sooo, here's the story of what my Christmas was like, which is an intro to the post for today. I was not able to make it home for Christmas this year, which is strange because I've taken the week from Christmas to New Years off every year since I can remember. Well, unfortunately I'm working a poopy job that doesn't pay much and I had to use the vacation I had to interview for other jobs. So, I wanted to make it really easy for my family to get their gifts to me. About a month before Christmas I was at the gym and listening to my ipod. I tried to change songs and out of nowhere my ipod died, again. Usually what would happen is that it would freeze, die, and then work like the next day. Well, this time I plugged in my ipod to charge it(this for some unknown reason usually worked) and I checked it the next day. Well, I kept on getting this error and it wouldn't work. So, I plugged it into my computer to see if that would help and my computer wouldn't recognize my ipod. Oh crap, I said to myself. So, I thought my ipod was really really dead and there was no chance of it coming back to life. So, a week later I called my mom to let her know what to get me for Christmas. I told her, to tell everyone, that the only thing I wanted for Christmas was either money, or a gift card to Best Buy so that I could get a new ipod. So, she told everyone and on my life went. Well, then came December 23rd. I turned my computer on, waited for it to load up, then I heard a sound like I had plugged a usb cord into my computer. Then I looked and saw that my ipod had come back from the dead! Well, there was no need for me to buy a new ipod now, so I did what any other responsible 20 something would do. I bought a playstation 3. He he. So, I'm going to write about the games for the PS3 that I'm looking forward to and rate them on how badly I'm waiting for them. All ratings are out of 5.

#1. MLB '08: The Show - Apparently this is coming out on my sister's birthday, March 3rd. Soooooo, I could either give her a present or tell her that I don't have any money and buy the game instead. The touch decisions in life. Actually, I'll probably get her the gift and wait on this. The thing with baseball games, I like them but the seasons are soooooooooooo frackin' long that I never finish a season. I'll probably end up getting this one in late March/Early April. Rating: 2 out of 5

#2. Grand Theft Auto IV - He he, this game is going to ROCK! It's killing me to know what it's going to look like on the PS3 and how much fun the game will be. This game has a release date of April 28th. I might have to call out sick the next day. Rating: 4.5 out of 5

#3. Highlander: The Game - THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE HIGHLANDER! I'm not sure why I'm looking forward to this sooo much. I think it's just cutting some dude's head off and then digesting his soul and gaining experience points(that's what I'm going to call it). Yes, yes, I know the last couple movies sucked but still, I think this game will be pretty cool. I'm going to check out the reviews, first though, for the June release. Rating: 3 out of 5

#4. Lego Indiana Jones - So, the Star Wars games were really fun, how can this not be? Come on, Indy - Legos - PS3, how can this not work. This game is also coming out in June, so that could be a busy month of playing video games based on movies. Sooo much fun! Plus, it'll be softball season. The only draw back is that I've never bought any of the Star Wars games. Just played them at Best Buy with Jonah. Rating: 3.75 out of 5

#5. NCAA College Football 2009 - I think I just wet myself thinking about this. I can't wait to see what this game is going to be like on the PS3. I loved it enough on the deuce, it's just got to be better on the thrice! I just can't wait to have Jimmy Clausen lead the Irish to the first of 10 straight National Championships! July will be a great month! Rating: 5 out of 5

#6. Madden 2009 - Just like July is going to rock, so will August! I might not make it outside or to see my gf in August! I hope she doesn't read this, oh wait, she won't, HA! Yup, as you can guess, I'm one of those dorks that buys both college and madden, plays college and then exports his draft classes to madden. People always say, why get both, they're the same game! I say, nope! For me, Madden has a better game play. For some reason, the field always seems smaller in college football and you can't do as much with changing the WR's routs. But, the offseason in college football is much superior to madden. I LOVE recruiting. I don't think I've ever had a recruiting class ranked lower than... ummm.... #1. I guess the reason I love the whole recruiting process and understand it more, is because of college football. Maybe I should have put these two games together. Oh well. Rating: 5 out of 5

#7. Star Wars: The Force Released - This one will also come out in August, but I'll have to push it to September or October before I begin playing it. I haven't bought a Star Wars game in a long time and actually played it a lot since the phantom menace game where you could be different Jedi Knights and gain different skills. I bought Star Wars galaxy but my parents didn't have cable at the time, so it just sat there. But this game seems pretty sweet. You get to be Darth Vader's apprentice and go around being bad and all. I wonder if you get to create your own light saber? Anywho, this game looks pretty sweet, just from what I've seen so far. Rating: 3.5 out of 5

#8. Final Fantasy XIII - 12 was really sweet and I loved playing it. This game is TBA right now so I'm not sure when I'll be able to play it. I'm thinking it gets delayed until 2009, but still, I'm getting it. I can't wait to see what the game play is like, how sweet the graphics and sound are, and the story line. Rating 4.5 out of 5

Just a little rant to end this, since I'm talking about video games. When will they come out with a Back to the Future game? Really, how sweet would that be? You're telling me you wouldn't want to drive 88 mph and then end up in another time period? Also, I want to use the hoverboard! Maybe Elijah Wood can do a cameo? Eh, eh?? Am I full of good ideas or what? Don't answer that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I personally only care about the new GTA game. That will have my focus for most of the rest of the year. I've got it pre-ordered, how does that make you feel?

Roger Kuhrt said...

Damn you Malone, damn you.