Friday, February 15, 2008

Super Bowl - #3

In most Super Bowls there is always one play that defines the game. It could be a missed play, an amazing catch, a fumble or a bad call, most SB's have one signature play that everyone will remember. I still remember wide right, Don Beebee knocking the ball away from Leon Lett(yes, I know the Bills lost but does anyone really remember any of the scores from that game? No, they remember Leon Lett screwing up again), Montana to Rice, Montana to Taylor, Adam V kicking 3 game winning field goals, McNabb puking in the huddle and then throwing a game ending pick, and one that I remember but probably most people don't is in the Bucs-Raiders SB when the Raiders were making a game out of it, they had a 3rd or 4th down play and Gannon threw a pass to the back of the end zone and the WR was pushed out of bounds yet the Zebra who was looking right at them did not call anything and it killed the drive and the game.

Well, what most people are going to remember from this game is what I like to call "The Play". The Gmen had a 3rd and 5, less than 2 minutes left. Manning drops back to pass, the Pats got pressure on him and had him in their hands. At this point my reaction was, "Oh crap, this is going to be a hard 4th down play." Then amazingly Eli breaks from their grip, scrambles away, me yelling "THROW IT OUT OF BOUNDS!", Eli not hearing me and chucks it down field, followed by me yelling, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!", Tyree jumping up with Harrison all over him (yes I know sissy pats fans have been yelling about two holding calls, but what about the pass interference flag that should have been throw? Huh, what about that? That's what I thought) and somehow holding onto the ball, Tyree falling down and still holding the ball against his helmet(who does that?) and lastly me jumping 6 feet forward and yelling "HE CAUGHT IT!!!". Yes, SB 42 will always be remembered for that play. I'll remember where I was, my reactions, and how far I jumped. Man, was that play an amazing roller coaster of a play or what? I think I agree with most people that that was the best play in a SB ever. I just can't think of any play that had more riding on it than that one. And I'm glad I lived through it.

On a side note, still haven't heard back from my first interview request. Of course, this person is extremely busy so I'm not really expecting to hear anything from them for a while, if at all. Maybe next week I'll try to move onto person #2. We'll see.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm very curious as to who you're interviewing. Please tell all of us loyal readers, or at least give us a hint. I'm falling off my chair waiting.

Roger Kuhrt said...

Jimmy boy, there isn't anything set now so you're just going to have to wait to see what happens!! Also, it probably won't happen but I have to keep trying.