Monday, February 25, 2008

Sounds like you have a case of the

So yes, it is Monday. I'm just going to start off the week with a few quick things. First off, I invited a couple people to read the blog, but wouldn't blame them if they didn't. He he. I bought God Save the Fan over the weekend. It was written by Deadspin.com editor Will Leitch. It's pretty good so far. I'm like 80 pages into it. My favorite chapter right now is the chapter on why Gilbert Arenas is better for the NBA than Lebron James. I didn't really care for the interview of John Rocker, cause well, I'm a Mets fan, he pitched for the Braves and he's really really crazy.

So, I'm pretty sure I have a new job. This is what happened: I went to the interview. Talked to the HR lady, then talked to one of the operation managers. At the end of it the guy gave me a drug test sheet, and then told me that I needed to get it tomorrow and that they will call me within two weeks to let me know when training is and what my schedule will be. I guess if they're willing to spend the money to do my drug test they want to hire me. Anyone know the effects of gatorade on drug tests? So, if all goes well I will become an employee of the dish network sometime around the 17th of March.

I've been reading that the Gmen are interested in D'Angelo Hall from the falcons. Looks like we're trying to trade our #1 pick for Hall. I think it's a good move unless with our pick (#31 or 30, depending on how you want to look at the Pats losing their pick), we could get a DB who's as good or better than Hall. I don't think there will be so I'm all for this trade. If we trade more than our first round pick I think we might be giving up a little too much.

Has anyone seen the new Rambo movie yet? I downloaded it, but I haven't watched it yet. I've been too busy watching Battlestar Galactica and playing NHL 2008. I also enjoyed the new Knight Rider tv movie. It was pretty cheesy, but when does that stop me from liking something? It'll probably end up being a new tv show 'cause it ended up 8th on the Nielsen ratings for that week. Hope it doesn't end up sucking.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your new job. You just better lay off the weed. Seriously though, get me free cable.

Yeah I agree, that's probably a good move by the Giants. They most likely won't get anyone great with their first pick.

You should buy Rock Band. I'm addicted to playing the drums. It's good stuff. I can't wait for the new GTA to come out though. That should be some good shit.

Roger Kuhrt said...

Hmmmm... I think I have the topic for my next post!