Friday, February 22, 2008

The Rivalry Continues

So, because spring training has started, I thought I'd end the week with a baseball post. Because of last year, the Mets-Phillies rivalry is hotter than ever and I can't wait for the Mets to beat up on the Phillies. It's going to be great this year and I'm loving the talk between the teams. These are the two best teams in the NL East and the Braves are a close third and the games between these teams are going to be great. I'm really excited about what's going to happen this season.

Now, some people might not have liked that Carlos Beltran talked about the Mets winning the division this year. Personally, I LOVE it. I think it's the best thing that Beltran has done as a Met because, let's face it, Beltran isn't much of a talker. It's nice to see him saying something bold to the public. I also think it's going to help fuel this team during the season. And this all happened because we got Johan Santana. He's going to add so much to this team and not just great pitching. Yes, yes, we have a lot of hispanics on our team, but I think that's great because it seems that they get along together and it makes things better for the team. These guys know each other, get along together and can back each other up. I don't see Beltran making these comments if Santana is not there. There's no chance at all that he would say that. It's also great because it puts some life back into this team because there was none last year. Now that we have Santana and Pedro is healthy, this Mets team could end up being the best we've ever had. Even better than the '86 team. So guys, lets back it up!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OK now you're finally talking about something important! Football season is over, give it up, haha. I agree that it is great Beltran was the one to say it because he is very quiet normally. He needs something to motivate him, and now he has that ammo. If our staff stays healthy this season, we could easily win the east by 10+ games no matter how good the Phillies and Braves are.

If we pull crap like last year though, then I may have to shoot myself.

Roger Kuhrt said...

I agree with you. I'm hoping that Beltran and Wright have monster years. That way, I'll win our keeper league!

How about this, if they pull the crap that they did last year, we can shoot each other at the same time. Okay?

Unknown said...

Deal. I'll shoot first though.

Roger Kuhrt said...

Hey, hey, hey. We shoot at the same time.