Monday, April 28, 2008

A Quick Note

Here's just a quick note from the weekend before I go to work. I missed watching the whole draft, which made me sad. But, they did put it up at work, I just couldn't here anything. I'll have a couple more posts about the draft this week. I was happy that John Carlson, Trevor Laws and Tommy Z all got drafted from Notre Dame. I just wish Laws had gone to the giants, even though we're pretty stacked on the defensive line.

It was nice to see the Mets take 2 out of 3 from the Braves this weekend. Finally Delgado had a good game. I thought it was funny that the last time Delgado hit 2 home runs in a game was the day that Malone, Me, Perrotti, Kohanski, Malone's dad, my gf and 3 of her friends all went to the game. I can still remember that game because it was against the Giants and Lincecom pitched. It went extra innings and Reyes walked, was balked to second. Beltran grounded him to third. Then Armando Benitez balked Reyes home and the Delgado ended the game with a huge solo shot. That game was awesome, ha ha. Of course, Mike Jacobs is still better.

Hope everyone has a good Monday. Today is my Thursday, which is nice.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah that's definitely the best game I've seen in person. It was so nice to see Benitez enter the game. The fans actually got up and cheered because even though we were down 1 run in extra innings, we knew we would win it with Benitez on the mound. That must be how other teams feel when Heillman steps up to pitch...

Roger Kuhrt said...

I'm going to have to disagree with you Malone and say that the best game we've been to is game 1 of the nlcs when Beltran hit the game winning 2 run homer in the 6th or 7th. Of course Benedict Glavine did start the game and get the win.