Friday, April 25, 2008

the big 4-0

So, I'm not sure if this is my 40th post or not because when I log into this it says that this will be post #42 but when you view my blog it says that it's post #40. whatever. just a few quick things. Everyone in the home run league better watch out. mike cameron is coming off of his 25 games suspension and is going to hit at least 30 home runs for the brew crew. the league is basically over so malone you might as well send me the winner's money. there's another big showdown for the mets this month as atlanta is coming in fresh off of losing 2 out of 3 to the marlins. we always seem to play them better at home than at atlanta so hopefully we can take 2 out of 3 like we did in philly. too bad glavine got injured so that the fans can't boo him. i really really really love call of duty 4. I've never really played a 1st person shooter that much before and I really haven't played against other people that much since we used to play half life at ticketnetwork at lunch. but, i'm having a lot of fun and I'm doing okay for a beginner and I actually won my first free-for-all(where you just kill everyone else) a couple days ago. so far in the 10 days I've had this game I've won 1, came in 2nd once, and came in third about 10 times. everyone should go out and buy a ps3 so we can all play online together. I'm thinking of buying a new tv and right now I'm just shopping around. The tv I want is cheaper at circuit city so I'm hoping that best buy would price match. But, I also found it a lot cheaper on amazon and I'm going to check out buy.com to see if that site has it also. The only problem with amazon is that I haven't found out where I can buy an extended warranty. at circuit city I can get a 4 year warranty, which is what I'm looking for. The tv I have now is okay but it's not hd. It's lasted me since 2003 and I haven't had any problems with it. We'll see what happens. Lastly, I'm sad that I can't watch the nfl draft tomorrow and Sunday. I really like watching the draft. It's a lot of fun to see what players my team makes and to see if the Gmen will take anyone from Notre Dame(Trevor Laws, please!) and to see where the other players from ND go. but, I've got to work, which stinks. But, it's okay as there won't be a lot of players from ND to get draft, I think it'll be like 3 or 4 players so it's no big deal. I'm looking forward to seeing the draft next year and the year after. I'll just have to watch part of it during my breaks at work.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Roger, the Mets better start getting their act together. Losing to the Nationals is just unnaceptable. Willie really needs to send Heilmann down to the minors until he can get his act together. It's like watching instant replay every time he pitches. At least he's out of the setup role for now. And Oliver Perez needs to learn how to pitch when he gets to the third run through of the lineup. He needs to change his shit up, because it seems like every 6th inning he starts getting lit up.

And I have MOH 4 for xbox 360, but I haven't played in a couple months. It is a pretty sick game though. I haven't even played online yet. But I probably will signup for xbox live once we get internet in our new house (wed.). I have like 13 free months of xbox live I think. Too bad I can't play you and kick your ass. I do have the new GTA pre-ordered though. Once that comes in, that's all I'm gonna play (besides rockband, which is always fun).

Anyways, I meant to tell you that it was Koho who called you the other night. He's a real idiot. I think he just misses you too much.

And Joba needs to start being used as a starter. I don't care how bad their bullpen will be, their starting pitching can't get too much worse. If the kid can't last a full season pitching as a starter, then he needs to retire now. I'm sick of this bullshit nowadays that pitchers can't even reach 200 innings a year. It sucks to say, but the old timers had much bigger cajones. With the advancement in medicine and physical therapy we've had in the past 20 years, not to mention the enhanced steroids, you'd think guys would be pitching way more innings than they did back in the day. It just doesn't make sense to me. If a team ever started going with a 4 man rotation, I'd give them a lot of respect.

Roger Kuhrt said...

Malone, I agree with the Mets comment. I don't think Heilman has gotten over what happened in 2006. Hey, look what happened to Lidge after he gave up the home run to Pujols. It took him, what 3 years to get over it? It looks like he's doing okay in Philly now. Is there a difference between MOH & COD? It seems like they're the same game, just different titles. I'm pretty sure I've been calling COD MOH for the longest time and I just looked at the box and realized it was COD. Ha ha. Maybe Malone, it's time to get a ps3? That way you don't have to go out and get a blu ray player and I can kill you every night in COD. Just tell the wife that you're investing in the future. It won't work but at least it sounds okay. I thought that was KOHO. Only he would be sooo stupid. Here's a funny story I remember from watching Ken Burn's documentary on baseball. Satchell Page, when he first got signed to the majors, sometimes he would get bored and what he would do is walk the first 3 batters on 12 pitches. Then to show off how good he was he would strike out the next 3 on 9 pitches. Is there any pitcher today who can do that? He used to joke that in the first inning that all he needed was a catcher and the rest of the team could stay on the bench. The only one who I can think of who would have the cajones to do that in recent years is pedro. He's the only one insane enough to think he could pull it off. I wonder what happened to us as the years went on? Back when baseball first started there would be guys who would pitch both games of a double header and they would both be complete games. That's insane. The record for the most wins in one season is 36(might be 38)! Most starters don't pitch that many games in a season! I wonder if all they did back then is throw a knuckleball? It seems like it wouldn't put too much stress on an arm.

Unknown said...

I've never been a straight-up First Person Shooter fan... I need some variety in my games. We have COD4 here and it is a terrific game but I feel like I've played the FPS genre one too many times. Plus I'm in the real Army already!

GTA4 is supposed to be hands down the best videogame of the last 10 years, and maybe ever. In terms of graphics the PS3 version is slightly recommended over the 360 one but since I have some friends on XBox Live (Malone) I'll probably get the 360 version. Roger you should really set aside time for this one-of-a-kind game.

The first game since 1999 to get a 10.0 rating on IGN.com

Roger Kuhrt said...

Hmmmm, yeah Rob, I've read a lot of good reviews about gta4. the only problem is I remember playing vice city and after playing it, if I was driving I wanted to just run people off the road, ha ha. I guess I'm lucky about COD because I really haven't played a fps since Dark Forces so I'm not warn out about them. Also, GTA4 has online gameplaying, which is pretty cool. And, you guys should get a ps3 because you don't have to pay anything for the online playing and you'd get a bluray player with it.

Unknown said...

Here's my mini-console wars article:

I have a PS3 also, and the only game I thought was special that was exclusive to PS3 was MLB The Show 2008... Drake's Uncharted wasn't really my kind of game (though I did enjoy watching my roommate play it), and Resistance was pretty poor. On the other hand, 360 had BioShock, Mass Effect, Gears of War, and Halo all exclusively, and had Oblivion about 2 years before PS3 did. I haven't tried Playstation Network, but there's no way it could be more user friendly than XBox Live. I've also used my PS3's Blu-Ray and it is nice, but to me doesn't outweigh the advantages of the 360.

GTA4, Fallout 3 are both coming out on both systems. PS3 has Metal Gear 4 and Gran Turismo 5, both of which I don't really see myself playing very much, and will be negated by Gears 2 and Fable 2 which are both 360 exclusives.

So, personally I'm definitely an X-Box man and I think Sony laid a big egg with the PS3 (and I own both).

Roger Kuhrt said...

Honestly, I was just joking about it. I've never played xbox before so I really don't know too much about it. I've always been a playstation guy and I'll continue to be one. I usually just get sports games for my playstation. The only other game that I usually get besides Madden, College Football, NHL, & MLB is Final Fantasy and I think that is only on playstation. Honestly, I don't really care who has what format, I just like to joke around, he he. But, the ps3 online format is really really easy to use. I'm not sure what the xbox is like, but when you log into the ps3 you're logged in online, you then put in the game and then you can play online. Seems pretty simple. The one thing I don't like about the xbox is that you have to pay for it. That kinda sucks.