Wednesday, April 23, 2008

In demand

Sorry everyone. I'd love to give you a good excuse as to why I haven't posted lately but there really isn't any. Does anyone know if Koho has finally decided to go out and purchase the internets? At least his better half, Perrotti did. So, I've finished my first "regular" work week. It was pretty good. There's this stupid bean bag game they play in columbus and on sunday and yesterday instead of working we got paid to play this game. It was a lot of fun. I really like the people that I work with. Even the annoying people in my group aren't really that bad. There are no Merediths, for those of you from ticketnetwork, ha ha. Well, I was also a little sad because the mets got pounded by the cubs in the quick two game series. It wasn't really the starting pitcher's fault. Of course our bullpen blows. Really, it does. I wish Omar had revamped it with good players but he hasn't. At least Duaner is back and doing well. Hopefully he can manage not to get into another taxi cab accident. Of course nothing helps stop a three game losing streak like playing the nationals. How many wins will they have this year? Can they top 60 wins? Maybe. Now we just need the Marlins to lose. That would be nice. At least they beat Atlanta, which is great. Oh yeah, Malone, just so I can keep my I love Mike Jacobs t-shirt(well, if I had one) here are Jacobs stats so far this season. .288 batting average, 7 home runs, 17 rbi's, .310 on base %, .638 slugging %, .948 ops. Here are Delgado's stats. .211 batting average, 1 home run, 9 rbi's, .307 on base %, .289 slugging %, .596 ops. Now, yes I know Malone will say that at the time of the trade Delgado was a better player and no one would have known he would be this horrible. But still, Jacobs is awesome. He was awesome when he came up from the minors and you can't really tell how good a player will be but still. When Wright came up I knew he was going to be a superstar. His rookie season he came up and played in 69 games, hit 14 home runs, drove in 40 rbi's and did this in 263 at bats. Jacobs the next year played in 30 games and in 100 at bats hit 11 home runs, drove in 23 rbis, batting .310, had an obp of .375 and a slugging % of .710! And yes, for all of the David Wrights out there, there are 20 Kevin Moss'. It's just that when things are said and done and the Omar Minaya tour of duty is over I will look back and I'll thank him for doing these things right, Signing Wright and Reyes to long term deals, signing Pedro and Beltran, and trading for Lo Duca. But, I'll also remember him trading away Bannister for a bust, trading Jacobs for Delgado, not trading Lastings & Heilman for Haren and instead trading lastings for Church and Schneider. I think that if he had kept Jacobs the Mets still would have been good enough in 2006 to reach the nlcs, I think we would have been better last year when the offense started to fall apart at the end of the season and I would love to have a line up that looks like this: Reyes, Castillo, Wright, Beltran, Jacobs, Church, Pagan/Alou, Schneider/Castro, Pitcher. In fact, with the line up they could do a lot of things. I always like Beltran as a #2 hitter, because that's where he likes to hit. Just think if they did something funky like this: Reyes, Beltran, Church, Wright, Jacobs, Castillo, Pagan, Catcher, Pitcher. Pagan has been hitting really well and so has Church. You could put either of those guys in the #2 hole. In fact, I kinda don't want Alou to come back because he's soooo slow and a defensive liability. I like Pagan and I'll think he'll work out just well. With the actual lineup that we have, I'm glad Willie finally got smart and put church in the #5 spot to protect Beltran. Now pitchers can't pitch around Beltran because Church has been killing it. Well, I think I've done enough typing/complaining/dreaming for tonight. Til next time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

No use spending so much time analyzing the Mets.... the Red Sox are going to win it all again.

Unknown said...

Oh and Roger you are on your way to a record low month in terms of number of posts... even lower than February which is the shortest month of the year (OK it was a leap year this year)... you need to pick up the pace!!!